Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thrifty Thursday #79: More Charm in a Barn

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.

(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.











Welcome back! All this week I have been featuring home owner Debby Stallings incredible decor. Most of it is thrifty finds or creations she herself has made. And in case you have missed earlier post, Debby happens to LIVE in a thrifty find. A barn that she has turned into a wonderful, comfortable home that is big on charm. I like to call "barn charm". So join me, won't you for more of the tour. Today we are heading up to the loft area of the barn. We will begin by heading up the stairs. Debby has this stairwell painted bright yellow, very cheerful.























Debby's friend painted her this picture of mules. The frame was made from some of the original wood from her barn. Debby salvaged everything in the renovation of her barn. Debby said she intentionally made the frame not exactly straight. She wanted it to look as though it were made long ago.
















All of the items on the wall are farm implements, most of them found in the barn itself.  It adds such character and preserves the history of the building.
















Upstairs in the first part of the loft Debby has created herself a sewing area. She was literally in the middle of a window "mistreatment" but I wanted to share. With fabric scraps she created a window panel and is in the process of hanging it with knobs (like the one in the middle).
















I like this sign in the sewing room. The story of my life. :)
















Ok, now we will peek into the bathroom on this level. This is the master bath.
Debby rescued an old dresser and used it in her bath by using it as a counter.























She chose vintage looking fixtures to go along with the integrity of the house.
















Now this is my favorite thing in this bathroom...and quite possibly her home. This my friends is the original feed trough!

















Inside....on one side toilet paper. The other sides holds magazines and reading material to enjoy while soaking in a bubble bath!
















This is Debby's bedroom. Isn't is charming and cozy?
















I spied this original mannequin bust in the corner with vintage pins on it. Debby literally found it in someones roadside trash. She stopped her car, threw him in shot gun and never looked back. I think it's quite happy "beaming" in the corner of this room! What a great roadside find. Some people have all the luck!























And be sure to notice the ceiling! Wood planks! And before you ask...as I did...the barn has a tin roof. Can you imagine the wonderful sound of rain in here?























Did you see the French doors? They really wash this room full of gorgeous sunlight!
come on outside. There is more to see out there!

Isn't this upper deck charming?
















The bench was a Home Goods find...as well the pillows.

This is the perfect place to wake up and enjoy morning coffee and read the newspaper.






















That is if you aren't distracted by the view...as I would be.

I hope you have enjoyed the barn tour! My sincere appreciation to Debby Stallings for allowing us inside her charming home. Additional thanks to Laura Beth Joseph for making certain that I stuck around for the tour. I was exhausted after shooting photos in the heat outside. LB insisted I stay to see Debby's home. I am so glad did. Amazing!

If you missed the earlier post, you can find them here:
Barn post 1
Barn post 2

A quick tablescape today for my Tablescape Thursday:
























Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday.
I am also today to Linda's Coastal Charm.

 I invite you to come see me tomorrow at Plates and Places for Foodie Friday!

Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog. Please leave a comment after linking. I love to hear from you.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!

Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!

HUGS! Hope to see you tomorrow, but not before you leave some "roadmap" love!
Thrifty Participants:

14 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

Leigh,
That is such a neat house. Love how they made it their own.
Sherry

Leanne said...

I love that bench and pillows. Thanks for hosting again.

Lynn said...

All of the barn pics are just great! Lovin' that loveseat on the upper deck, and I think I'm living that sign:@)

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Thanks for the fun tour, Leigh. That sign in the sewing room is a hoot. LOL And I love the seating on the upper deck. Homegoods is just so awesome.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Lindy said...

Love the double bowl sinks. I am planning a new powder room and want to do something similar...
Thanks for hosting.
L.

the cape on the corner said...

holy moly, LOVE that view. gorgeous!

i have a thrifty find, but it's from a big store so i am not sure if it counts in this link up?! so i didn't post it, but if it counts, i would love to post it so other people could see if their store has the same deal.

Anonymous said...

Dear Leigh, I have made nothing. In fact -- I can't even get my blog up. I tried to do something clever like purchase my own .com name and now I'm in a world of hurt. But -- in spite of that I have made my way over to your place and once again have enjoyed the marvelous inspiration. I was thinking about painting my front banisters and handrail similar to those shown in your pictures above. Are the balustrades white and the handrail black? It looks fabulous, but just wanted to get your thoughts before moving forward. The pictures are amazing!

Ott, A. said...

This is my first time linking up to this party and I'm so glad I did. Putting up your own produce is a great way to save time and money come winter. I always feel thrity when I can. Thanks for hosting!!!

Bonnie said...

Love this blog!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi leigh!
What a wonderful home Debby has and has created! thanks for sharing!

reprise vintage said...

i've always wanted to live in a barn. what a beautiful home! my mom has always had mules and has lots of cool mule artwork too!

Katie said...

Great photos -- enjoyed linking up this week! :)

Unknown said...

I am obsessed with her bathroom, porch, and view. I want to make them my own!

Anonymous said...

So- where was I last Thursday? It had to be important for me not to have visited here. Maybe my amnesia has something to do with it.
You are my hero for sharing this barn tour with us. Debby is my new inspiration. (But you are my hero.)