Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cam Ward Fundraiser Reception

Cam Ward's Fundraiser Reception, held last night at Helena's historic Magnolia Manor, was a lovely event!
I had the great honor of serving on the Host Committee with three other bloggers: Jessica Breland of Thoughts of a Bama Belle, Laura Joseph of Rumifications of a Working Mom and Hal Woodman of No Sleep in Helena as well as my friend "BBJ" Judy Ellington of the Monkey Basket. I could not have asked for a better committee to be involved and work with. The night went off without a hitch.
We served hordevours of shrimp and grits, gazpacho soup and a selection of cheeseballs. Wine, soft drinks and water was also served.
Cam spent much of the evening visiting with friends and then gave a nice speech of his intentions and expectations in Alabama's future. I cannot think of a better more trusted person than Cam Ward to serve in the senate position.
Here are some photos from the event:

7 comments:

Bama Belle said...

It was so much fun! Thank you for everything

KimMalk said...

This comment doesn't have to do with your post :(. I just want to say this is the first time (!) I've found your blog even though I've seen your Bloggeritaville buttons all over the place (whenever I've clicked on them, they haven't come here - I finally found a functioning one). I'll be back, it's been a pleasure.

Mari said...

It looks like a fabulous event! The food and decorations look wonderful!

Jane said...

Looks like it was a beautiful event! Perhaps you gals should think of having an event planning business....
Hmmmmm....
Jane

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

This looks beautiful. I'm glad to hear you are helping Cam out... we used to be neighbors!

KBeau said...

Thanks for your sweet comment. Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss the pottery event. Found out that I have to help do the flowers for church.

Marsha said...

This looks like a beautiful event.