I was interviewed by Mari from My Little Corner of the World. Here are her questions for me and my answers.
1) Why do you blog? I blog there fore, I am. HA! Not really....I had no clue what blogging was. I had never even been to a blog. But in sending out articles to both employers and clients of newspaper and magazines, I thought it might be easier to have a place to post my stories and direct people there. Well, never for even a minute would I do that now. Obviously, the things I am writing about here are a smorgasbord of stories taken from pages in my life. Pretty boring to any employer, client, and probably anyone reading this. But I genuinely enjoy it. I have met the nicest people all because of blogging. People who blog and people who read. I find it a blessing.
2) If you could meet any person, living or dead, who would it be?
Meet? The obvious answer here, of course, if Jesus Christ my savior. But I have a few others. Not to change the question, but I love to ask people who would you invite to dinner (5 guest) living or dead. Mine would be Katherine Tucker Windham, the author. I have met her several times (does that count then?) and each time I am in awe. I literally hang on her every word. She is an amazing author and story teller- a natural talent. Others, Jimmy Buffett, Stevie Nicks, Loretta Lynn. No surprises here. Finally, Charles Barkley. I find him fascinating and would love to have him over to supper. Charles, if you are reading this (and why wouldn't he be? Yeah, right....LOL!!!) Consider this an open invitation.
3) What is your greatest fear, and why? Dying Young or having a close family member to die. I know that sounds terrible but it is the truth. From the age of 17 to the age of 24 I had 6 close friends of mine to die. It greatly affected me. And I often wonder where they would be today, what they would be doing, what lives would they be leading. I know God has far greater plans for them, though. My other fears and I have two- roaches and heights.
4) Who has had the greatest influence on your life? Two answers, My mom and my husband. Parenting, specifically being a mom (I am a SAHM) is both the hardest and most rewarding job. I just try and be half the mom my parents were to me, in particular, my mom because she stayed home with my brother and me. I have huge shoes to fill.
And my husband, who is my biggest influence on me now. Honestly, God chose him for me. He never wavers with his support, his great advice, his compliments, his help, his guidance. He is my rock, my soulmate. Figuratively speaking, He always has a hand extended to pick me up, or a hand across my shoulders for strength. I can always count on him. We truly have a mutual admiration and respect for one another. I could not ask for a better man. My man, among men.
5) If you could go back in time, what time period would you like to visit? Oh, the 1930 or 1940's. I know it was hard times, but I am drawn to the clothes, the romance of writing letters, the imporatnce of family, the formality of society, the courtesy that lacks in today's world.
Watch the movie, Somewhere in Time. Oh, I am mesmerized.
Shrimp & Sausage Sauce Piquant
4 years ago