Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In Memory of "Mr.Larry"


We lost a good one today, folks. Larry Childers was the kind of man who knew everyone. He made friends easily. Mr. Larry was an impeccable dresser. He had style. He had heart. He had a tolerance for mankind. Sit by him at a party and he would tell the best stories and the funniest jokes.
He believed in being involved. He supported others and his community. You could see him on any given day, at the courthouse where he worked. He loved God, Family and Country. He had a passion for politics. You could see him at any and every election working the polls.
Larry was a Godly man. A family man. A friend to all who knew him. A military, man who served this great country.
I can share that in several of my conversations with Mr. Larry, we often got on the subject of spirituality and the afterlife. A topic that is taboo to many for fear of big debates. I don't know why we discussed this....perhaps because we shared similar beliefs. But those chats with him today bring me comfort. I can only imagine the great celebration in Heaven at his arrival.
To Mr. Larry, you will be greatly missed and never forgotten. Your memory will live on in the many, many lives you touched.
To my dear friend, "the Boss" (Larry's Daughter) and Mama Joy (His Wife) and all of Larry's Family, I know you must feel the love and support that this community that Larry has loved so long, reciprocated. I will continue to lift you in prayer now and in the months to come.
I love you.

14 comments:

j said...

This was a beautiful tribute Leigh. I am so sorry for Mr. Larry's family and friends. May God bless and comfort them all.

Tammy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man!

Jenny G said...

What a wonderful tribute, Leigh, I only had the pleasure of meeting him years ago when my husband had the grocery store. Chris said he was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed.

"J" said...

I'm sooooooooooooooooo sorry for the loss of your friend!!!! =( Sounds like he was a GREAT man!!!!! I'm sure he is in good hands up above!!!!!

Sandy said...

He sounds like a wonderful man. I wish there were more people like him in our lives. What a comfort to know that he has gone on to be with the Lord.

Polly & Steve said...

Leigh, I am so sorry for your loss, I think I remember him around the polls, did he work there? His family will be in our prayers.
Hugs and more hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh! I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like a wonderful man.

j said...

Thinking about you today Leigh. Prayers and hugs for you and your friends.

Anonymous said...

With my deepest sympathy...you are in my prayers.... take care
kim b.

Nicolle said...

Leigh, what kinds words you shared here. My thoughts and sympathies to Mr. Larry's entire group of friends and family!

Anonymous said...

My love and prayers go out to Mr. Larry's family. I know what they are going through. From your wonderful tribute, it sounds as though he enriched the lives of everyone who knew him. xoxo

PS: He's probably met my Frank by now and they are getting to know each other!!

The Hickmans said...

What a sweet post. God's blessings on his family...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for Mama Joy and Kim's loss. But, God will see them through with HIS comfort and love.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Matt. 5:4
My prayers and thoughts are with them.
Leigh's mom

Lindsey said...

I'm so very sorry that you losted your friend. Know that he is in a better place with the true Healer now!