Friday, February 20, 2009

The Letter R , How Do I Love Thee...

....Let me Count the ways
Tales of Bloggeritaville is brought to you today by the Letter "R".

The delightful Dust Bunny Hostage recently assigned me a letter to correspond with things that I like/love. I got the letter "R". Which I quickly had issues with. I was hard for some reason....and then it came. Many R's that I love.

Resurrection/My Redeemer- For God so loved the world that he gave his only son. My redeemer lives. Enough said.

Really good friends. I have some really great friends actually. We are a unique bunch. We are magnolias, we are pigeons, we are the "clematis club". Our relationships cannot be explained, but rather understood. It is understood, we are always there for one another. A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. It's a true statement. Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. Really good friends, I cannot imagine my life without mine.


I love you each and every one! Real life friends and friends that I have made in the blog world on my little island in the middle of it, "Bloggeritaville"- you are all special in my heart. Footprints.
Thank you for your friendship.

Rum. It makes a great pina colada. Mine and Big Daddy's weekend drink.


Readers Comments. It is such a joy to have a kind word in my inbox.


Reading. I used to read books, now I read blogs. I love both. I have made met and made some wonderful friends through blogs. And books, transport me, educate, and induce thoughts and conversations.

Rock and Roll. You saw that one coming didn't you? I LOVE music of many kinds, but there is a very special place in my heart for some Rock and Roll.
Rest- I love to be cuddled up in my own bed. One of my favorite spots, certainly.
Relaxation. I find that at the beach....among other places, but the beach is where I am "at home" in my heart. It is where I feel closest to God.
Rod and Reel- I love to fish. Love it! I long for the day I can live at the beach and literally catch supper. Rod and reel kinda go with the rest and relaxation thing.

Re-Decorating. I am constantly moving things around in my home.
And finally, and it is big.......
Roller Skating.
Amen.
It's the killer 70's music, it's flying around the rink with the wind in your hair, it is being able to finally find one thing that you can do that your kids can't and impress them (back skate!), it is the pompom on the skates, it is the laughter and the smiles, It is going really fast (without being a conscience effort) each time you hear Wipe Out. It is joy! Love some roller skating.....and hey! It is a great and fun workout!
I want to thank everyone that participated in Thrify Thursday this week! It was alot of fun. I enjoyed seeing all of your thrifty finds and cool ideas. I tried to respond to everyones comments, but if there were any late entries...I may not have yet... But I will. Promise! I look forward to next week's Thrifty Thursday.
Want to play the letter game? If so, let me know in your comment and I'll assign you a letter. Thanks for stopping by Bloggeritaville! You rock!

13 comments:

Bama Belle said...

I think the letter R suits you! Good job, XOXOXOXO

SILVER said...

love what you have here, girl.

hugs,

Silver

Mari said...

I think R would be hard too, but you did great!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I loved your letter R thoughts. I could relate to almost all of them. Rock and Roll rules....so Rock on this weekend!

Unknown said...

Loved your R list!!!!
Look at those roller skates...ahhhhh I remember those days

Anonymous said...

Good R list! I did an R list a few weeks ago and it's not as easy as it sounds! :)

j said...

Excellent Rs!! You are a cool rollerskating, reading, rod and reeling chick!

Have a great weekend Leigh.

Jen

The Hickmans said...

Hi Leigh, will you please read the new post on my blog and be in prayer for our family. Thank you.

Susan said...

I got the letter L... and I thought it was going to be hard.... then it just started coming out!!! If you want you can give me a letter..... then i'll have something to blog about!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, Leigh!

Happy Weekend!

Glitter & Bliss said...

I love all your letter "R" list. Relax is my fav....we just never get enough of it. LOL

Anonymous said...

loved your R's especially the re-decorating hee hee

and your friends photo, I have to say I felt a pang of envy of you all on the beach

now you have a good weekend, and thanks for popping by the beach cottage, I hope you don't do too much running to tennis matches and the like!

Sarah

lvroftiques said...

Hi Leigh! *waves* I would love to join in on Thrifty Thursday! I'm all about the thrift *winks* And I LOVE to roller skate too! AND I can skate backwards! Lol! Vanna