I was tagged by my friend and Helena Blogger, Laura Beth ,in a meme that asks me to consider things about who I am.
So these are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself and things that make you happy.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.I have decided to share little-known tidbits about me.
Ahhh, Let's See....Six Random Things about myself and Things that make me Happy:
1. "Hair" Bands. As if you didn't know (that is if you read this puny little blog). I LOVE hair bands. Give me some Tesla, Bon Jovi, Cinderella, ACDC, Trixter, Def, G&R... about anyone that can be found on any "Moster Rock" album and I am a happy girl. You, on the other hand, may not be....Because I can't help but to sing along. LOUD. Which incidentally is another thing that makes me happy- to sing!
2. The Sea. I am marveled. I think it is quite honest to say that I do indeed have "the sea in me veins". It is where I feel at home. One with God. Content. Closer to Heaven, somehow. I also find all sea creatures fascinating. I could just pour over a book on classifications of such creatures, their characteristics.....I recall my favorite book as a child was a Time Life Book, from the series on animals. The book I loved was on sea creatures and had a Great White on the Cover. I studied that book (still have it). And when I lived in Sarasota for a short period (I have told this before) it was my greatest joy to work in a tank from 8PM-12AM a few times a week. Just me and a dolphin (actually two) that had been rescued. I literally held it above water to breath, took it's stats, feed it through a tube. It was an amazing experience.
3. Jimmy. As in Buffett. I do own a coconut bra and grass skirt, NO, I would not be seen dead with the coconut bra alone these days. I will wear a nude shirt underneath, to save face for both myself and the family unit. Jimmy just makes me happy. I have seen him (in a very small private invite only show) and it was AMAZING.
4. Sonic Cherry Limade. Enough said.
5. Sticks. I know, how absurd, but it is the truth. I love to hike and many times will return with a stick from my journey. I have a huge urn that I put them in. I like to peruse over the earth for just the right one...usually one that is twisted, perhaps a bit weathered and mossy. Maybe it is that it is a piece of natural art work on it's own right....or perhaps I identify with it, for we share the same characteristics.....twisted, a bit weathered and mossy. (I do the same thing with rocks, feathers, nest.... I put them into glass jars).
6. Granny panties. Well, not "granny" more of a fitted panty. Like a glove. Girls, and I personally know some of you that have these, I just cannot understand the concept of the thong. I mean, if I for even a second have to go in for a removal of a normal size panty, it is off into the trash as fast as I can get it off. I'd rather go without than have a piece of unsanitary string run up my back end. And maybe, it is the quirkiness I have about germs....but I mean, we ALL know where that string has been. Gross. "A Fecal Nightmare...A weapon of mass corruption". I love a "reserved demure" panty with a bottom to hold in my trunk . I mean, isn't that the point, Really? It makes me happy to know that I am locked in. SPANKS. I love 'em!!
Incidentally, I am on my way out to shop for a pair of butt floss for a friend of mine who is getting married. We have a shower this weekend and I do not want to disappoint her. "Grannies", just aren't her style.
Oh that note, this little gem that I saw over at "Greek GRITS" Blog. Thanks Tammy for allowing me to "steal" it:
As for tagging.....I have said it before, I LOVE a meme. But I will not call out someone.....I am hoping that you will play along on your own accord. Leave me a comment and let me know if you do so that I can swing by and see the random things that make you happy.
And finally! Be sure to swing by my recipe blog, Plates and Places, where I am doing a "feature" this week. That sounds so exclusive! Anyway....this week I am posting the meals and recipes of our family suppers. And my family is chopped full of picky eaters. So, if you are looking for some menu inspiration, recipes that are quick and easy, yet appeal to picky eaters in a taste test, then drop by Plates and Places-all this week!
Have a ROCKIN' Day!
Shrimp & Sausage Sauce Piquant
5 years ago