Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cresent City Grill

On a recent trip to Meridian, Mississippi my friends and I finally had the opportunity to find out for ourselves if the Crescent City Grill is all that my friend Diva claims it is. She has named it as one of her most favorite restaurants and her husband, the Bass Fisher agrees.














With our party of nine we walked into the Meridian location at about 12:30 and were seated immediately. The menu was extensive. Diva and the bass fisher highly recommended the corn and crab bisque. Everyone (minus me-vegetarian) at our table ordered a bowl. And Everyone that ordered the bowl was sopping up every last drop of the bisque with the piece of french bread that comes with it. There were many "Umm's" and "Ohhhhs" from the table, at one time in stereo. I ordered the Sensation Salad which is CCG's original signature salad. It contains mixed greens tossed with romano and bleu cheeses in a tangy white wine vinaigrette for 2.95-very tasty and quite a bargain! I was always a cheap date. Which is why, I think, Big Daddy married me. Though at CCG all budgets will find that the fine cajun cuisine is friendly on anyone's wallet.
At the Crescent City Grill they have created an affordable restaurant, a casual atmosphere, and a tradition of quality, in which every offering is made from scratch every morning using only the freshest and finest components. From fresh seafood caught daily in Gulf waters, to homemade soups, gumbos, salad dressings and desserts, you can be assured that painstaking care and attention has gone into the preparation and presentation of each dish. Many of the items can be purchased bottled in a case at the front door.
I must say that my biggest regret is not purchasing a bowl of the crab and corn bisque to bring home to my cajun fan at home, Big Daddy, as well as a slice of homemade key lime pie for me. I am a huge fan of a key lime pie. Next time though, I promise, because there will be a next time!

Corn & Crab Bisque-A house specialty classically prepared in the tradition of the finest New Orleans Garden District restaurants...cup 3.45 / bowl 4.45


Fried Green Tomatoes-Garden fresh fried green tomatoes topped with sauteed crawfish tails, mushrooms and a Creole beurre rouge...6.95

Blackened Chicken Fettuccini-Tender boneless breast of chicken blackened in a cast iron skillet and served atop a bed of fettuccini tossed with mushrooms and green onions in a Creole cream sauce..9.95




Shrimp Po Boy-Fresh Gulf shrimp served on toasted French bread with lettuce, tomato, onion, sliced pickles and our seafood remoulade sauce...7.95

New Orleans Sloppy Roast Beef Po Boy-Roast beef smothered with gravy and swiss cheese with a mayo mustard mix, lettuce, tomato and sliced pickles...7.95
Crescent City Grill-Definitely worth the visit!


Hattiesburg(601) 264-06573
810 Hardy Street
Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39123
Hours:
Sun - Thu: 11am - 10pm
Fri - Sat: 11am - 11pm
Meridian(601) 553-3656
519 Azalea Drive
Meridian, Mississippi 39301
Hours: Sun - Thu: 11am - 10pm
Fri - Sat: 11am - 11pm

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Leigh - - - this place looks AWESOME!!!!

I was in Hattiesburg a for a week once a few years ago. We ate at a nice restaurant there, but I'm not sure if it was this one or not - - - -my brain must be getting old.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think it WASN'T this place - - - is there a place called Crutchfields?? If so, that was the place we ate.

While I'm here - - - I saw that the Tide CRUSHED Clemson this past Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I love crescent city grill. While staying there for a job I ate there atleast once a week. Very good food!

Anonymous said...

One of Big Daddy's favs- He goes to the one in Hattiesburg- and we used to live there- You cannot beat that bisque! YUMM-O!

"J" said...

Can I just say I want the Garden fresh fried green tomatoes topped with sauteed crawfish tails, mushrooms and a Creole beurre rouge....

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!
"WHEN" I come see you this is where we are going for lunch!!!! WOW WOW WOW...this sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!