Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday Thirteen-Hair Metal QUIZ

If you are a dedicated reader, then you know my obsession with hair bands. I haven't done a Thursday Thirteen in a few weeks. I am still trying to get back into the swing of things as far as scheduling now that the kids are back into school.
Finally, I am back in the swing of things myself.
And today to kick it off, er up....A Hair Metal Trivia Quiz.
I will post answers tomorrow.
Turn it UPPPPP!


"I'll give you the lyrics to a song, you tell me which hair band sang it. Enjoy!"

1. Who sang this song?
"Out on the streets, that's where we meet. You make the night, I always cross the line."
Whitesnake
Skid Row
Great White
Ratt
2. Who sang this? "Since I was born, they couldn't hold me down. Another misfit kid, another burned-out town."
Skid Row
Quiet Riot
Motley Crue
Van Halen
3. Who sang this one? "I don't know where I'm goin', but I sure know where I've been."
White Lion
Twisted Sister
Great White
Whitesnake
4. Who sang this song? "He's the wolf screaming lonely in the night, he's the blood stain on the stage."
Quiet Riot
Aerosmith
Van Halen
Motley Crue
5. Who sang this power ballad? "There's a lady who's sure, all that glitters is gold."
Def Leppard
ACDC
Warrant
Led Zeppelin
6. Who sang this one? "Wait, just a moment, before our love will die."
Great White
Slaughter
Scorpions
White Lion
7. Who sang this one? "Love is like a bomb, baby come and get it on."
The Cult
Led Zeppelin
Def Leppard
Cinderella
8. Who sang this one? (the lyrics are from the chorus) "My Gypsy Road, can't take me home. I drive all night just to see the light."
Black Sabbath
Poison
Winger
Cinderella
9. Who sang this one? "She stepped off the bus, out into the city streets. Just a small town girl with her whole life packed in a suitcase by her feet."
Quiet Riot
Damn Yankees
Twisted Sister
Poison
10. Who sang this famous song? "So you think I got an evil mind, I'll tell you honey."
ACDC
Quiet Riot
Kiss
Twisted Sister
11. My favorite song by this group..."You are the reason why it tears me up inside and I break down and cry...didn't wanna say, goodbye Paradise" Who is the group?
trixter
tesla
twisted sister
warrant
12. Can you name the song title of said song above?
13. "Here I am , Rock you like a Hurricane"
Dokken
Poison
Metallica
Scorpions


OK, Guys...this was an easy one. Good Luck! Leave your answers in the comments. Lets see how everyone does.

6 comments:

h said...

Wasn't easy to me! But here's my guesses and some I know:

1) Ratt
2) Skid
3) White
4) Crue
5) Zep
6) White
7) Def
8) Cindi
9) Yanks
10) Quiet
11) Tesla
12) No
13) Scorps

Himey said...

1. Ratt.
2. Skid Row? (only guessing, since misfit kid and Sebastian Bach are synonymous)
3. Great White?
4. Motley Crue (SHOUT AT THE DEVIL!!!!)
5. Great White?
6. White Lion. I don't remember those lyrics, but one of my favorites from them was "Wait".
7. Def Leppard.
8. Too easy, you gave the song away. Cinderella. Gypsy Road.
9. Great White?
10. Quiet Riot.
11. Great White?
12. Once Bitten, Twice Shy (the only song I know from Great White)?
13. Scorpions.

Ok, so I'm wondering why you put so many Great White lyrics up there? I count 4 of the 12 being Great White lyrics... Assuming my guesses are correct :)

And I did cheat a little. I had to pull up the White Lion "Wait" song on my Walkman to listen to the lyrics.. I got it right :)

Connie said...

Ok, I'm not even gonna try. Just give me anything Bon Jovi. Girl you are hilarous! I'm glad a hopping over, I'll be back.
~Connie

Anonymous said...

How fun.. This is right up my alley. Ok, here goes.

1.Ratt
2.Skid Row
3.Whitesnake
4.Motley Crue
5.Led Zep
6.White Lion
7.Def Leppard
8.Cinderella
9.Poison
10.Quiet Riot
11.Tesla
12. Paradise (My favorite song of theirs too!!)
13.Scorpions

nancygrayce said...

I have never hear of one of those songs.....I guess that shows my age huh??? After all, I do have a son your age. I really am old!

j said...

Of course after reading the above post I HAD to read this one. I knew SOME. The only hair band that I saw in concert was Bon Jovi. I saw Kiss once but I don't think you can call them merely a hair band.

This was a WAY cool post!!!!

Jen