Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Four Seasons Antiques, Art & Botanicals


My dad had mentioned to me that a close friend's daughter had recently opened up her own shop in Homewood. The shop is called Four Seasons Antiques, Art and Botanical.
In Homewood recently for an appointment, I took the opportunity to check the place out. Suzy Reynolds and Laura Wilson are the shop owners. They have a very interesting store, filled with many forms of artwork by local artist. Artwork included paintings, photography, jewelry, pottery, candles, clay, miniatures-even a small collection of specialty foods.


Walking around the store you cannot help but take notice of the gorgeous floral arrangements. Suzy Reynolds is a professional in floral design and it shows. I was surprised to find the arrangements at reasonable prices. If all of this weren't enough, there is a room in the back of the store that consigns antiques.

Of all the art pieces in the store, I was particularly captivated by a paintings that incorporated Birmingham scenery. All of the the artwork by this particular artist incorporated a Birmingham theme. The pieces felt very personal to me. I noticed a couple paintings that included an area of town where Big Daddy lived as a single man (when we began dating). It brought back many fond memories of the area... Again with the sentimentality.
The piece I speak of it titled, "White Sky over Birmingham".

It features a neighborhood street filled with these older homes with the skyline of Birmingham in the background. Gorgeous. And for an original large scale artwork, I thought a good price. Someone whisper that idea to my husband.

**Local Artist Jayne Harrison will actually be in the store this Friday ( 8-23) evening to showcase her work. The event will begin at 6PM. Be sure to check that out!


I found Four Seasons to be both an interesting and inspiring store. I found it much like a museum, but one that makes art affordable for everyone to own.

Four Seasons Antiques, Art & Botanicals
"Specializing in the arts and crafts movement"
2910 18th Street South
Homewood, Alabama 35209
205-803-4059
http://www.4seasonsantiquesandart.com/
(located by Savage's Bakery)

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

A print of that art would make a great jig saw puzzle - - - that's JUST the kind of picture I LOVE on a puzzle.