Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Planting in the Spring for Summer's Garden

It's spring and it's time to get my garden growing.
I planted a few things this week, with plan to expand.
Right now I have pineapple sage, sweet basil,  spearmint mint, chocolate mint, chives, cilantro, lemon balm, rosemary  and a few tomato plants....



as well as come cucumbers.


I plan to add some more tomato plants (my kids eat them right off the vine....like an apple. Its not summer to them unless they have a warm tomato (s) daily) , some more cucumbers, several varieties of peppers, cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries. We love us some garden fresh fruits and veggies.

I planted in a different location this year, I raised my bed's slightly and enclosed some of my herbs with some fencing to deter animals using my garden as their playground. Hope it helps.

I'm excited about my growing garden!

What are you planting this year in your garden?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Curtains in My Tree said...

That all sounds and looks so good.
I planted some onions in my little herb garden area

sabri said...

i have onions growing and some pansies, lilly of the valley...lots of stuff growing right now...hopefully more...nice post..

4thelove! said...

garden looks good! Daddy said I planted to early, but I figure it will be 90 degrees in April, I should be good. ;) Court