Wednesday, March 14, 2012

#152 of Thrifty Thursday, plus a Tablescape!

Hi! It's #152 of Thrifty Thursday!  I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.
(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.



My Thrifty Thursday find this week is a $10.00 find that I snagged at a garage sale. I had been eyeing the antique ceiling tin tiles. I got lucky when I came across this one, that had been handmade into a great mirror.


It would be an easy process to duplicate. A frame was built for the tile to be nailed to.

Here is a look at the back, where a basic mirror was placed and glued to secure. Hinges were screwed into the corners for hanging purposes.

And there you have it, my $10.00 Thrifty Thursday find!

***************************************

Tablescape Thursday:

Today's Tablescape is a nod to my hometown of Birmingham, Al.
Or as the locals say, "Bir-min-ham" Or just "the Ham"....


I found these at Harmony Landing in Homewood. The plates feature Birmingham landmarks.
Kinda cool. Certainly a conversation piece.
After a meal of course! ;)
I encourage you to visit my friend Susan of Between Naps on the Porch for some great Tablescape Thursday participants.


 I would also like to  invite you to stop by my food blog, PLATES & PLACES, for Foodie Friday!
In fact on over there now. I have been cooking up a "messa" food!

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog.

I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!

And speaking of friends.....
You can always visit me on FACEBOOK,
I love me some friends: be they new friends or old friends!
XOXO
LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH
LEIGH
Thrifty Participants:

6 comments:

Chandy said...

You always find great things. I gotta go shopping with you so I can find those really special finds!

Rebekah Greiman said...

Good Thursday morning to you! Today, I'm sharing several recipes-all at once-for Household Green Cleaners. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for hosting the party once again. Have a great week!
Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

Artsy VaVa said...

Thanks for hosting the party!!!

Creations By Cindy said...

I need to shop with you! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Great mirror, Leigh! I like reusing old tin ceiling tiles myself. And your plates are just too cool. ;)

Thanks for hosting!
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Thanks for hosting! I'm your newest follower!