1. If you had to choose one over the other for the rest of your life, House Shoes or High Heels?
Easy. House Shoes. I am such a slouch. I love a beautiful heel, I just don't want to WEAR it. Well, in all actuality I can't. At the risk of sounding old......foot and knee problems do not tolerate a heel. Actually give me a good pair of flip flops or boots and I'm a happy girl!
2. What was the worst meal you cooked and who had to eat it?
Hmmm. This one was difficult for me. I am not one to judge my own cooking so I went to the ones who eat it, my family and posed this question (and the following one) to them.
Son Bama, age 21- "A Indian pork dish. It tasted awful." (Have mercy! And I fed it to his girlfriend. he only meal I have ever fed her. What she must think...)
Sister Sledge, age 14-"Breaded Cauliflower. I hated that!" (Incidentally, it is one of my favorites. Kids and vegetables...)
Son J Smooth, age 11- "It was rice with yellow sauce. You made me eat it before we could go to Dairy Queen." (Things that scar our children. I have no recollection of this, but certainly I will be paying for it through his some therapy sessions one day. )
Husband Big Daddy,aged like fine wine- "I like everything you make. But if I HAD to say, It'd be any chicken dish. I don't like chicken....except hot wings."
3. What was the best meal that you cooked and who got to eat it?
Bama- " I can't think of a specific meal, but (rather) my favorite dishes you cook are spaghetti, beef tips and rice and stroganoff sandwich."
Sister Sledge- "Your Spaghetti is the best! I also LOVE your Beef Tips and Rice"
J Smooth-"My favorite meal is your spaghetti and your homemade tacos and salsa."
Big Daddy- "I like everything you make" I began to push for a specific answer...." Everything besides chicken is my favorite that you make." (Very safely played, Big Daddy. You shall live another day)
It is evident with these answers, we are simple people with simple minds and simple taste.
My family likes the same old, same old. Which Spaghetti is in our house. It's a Five Generation Recipe.
Especially when it involves vegetables.
4. It’s a perfect 65 degrees outside, with a blue sky, the kids are at Grandma’s and you have nothing on your calendar. What do you do?
Go for a hike! I talk about it often on my blog and its something I do often, almost daily! I LOVE to hike. I love a roadtrip, but almost always it includes a hike somewhere too. And ask my husband and kids what a vacation is without a hike, they will not have a clue. The world of nature is just so beautiful. It's my church. It really is....
"Free your mind, and the rest will follow"-En Vogue :)
And that night, it would be a GNO. I love being with my girlfriends. They lift me in so many ways!
And how fun when I can combine the two...
My family & friends are all so amazing. And I am humbly blessed by each.
5. When was the last time you updated your bio picture?
Often on facebook, but for my blog...its been over a year. I am a photographer....yet I hate my own picture being taken. Which incidentally is prob why I love playing the role so well.
6. What is the first concert/live show you ever attended, how old were you and who were you with?
It was the BeeGees, circa mid 70's. I went with my mother and some neighbors.
Before the days of manscaping. Something that Big Daddy also cannot embrace.
7. What is the most embarrassing piece of clothing that you still own and wear?
My daughter would say these shoes...
And, I would have to agree.
They are ugly as sin, but as comfortable as a warm cozy blanket.
Oh, my gosh! I am officially old!
The shoes.. are rocketdog mules. I need to throw them out, but soooo haven't gotten to that point yet. Other than that....a swimsuit. Its almost swimsuit season ya know? Scary. Sneaks up every year and scares the mess outta me!
8. If someone looked through your purse, what would they find?
Mints. Lots of mints.
I do NOT like gum. Remember?
My cell phone, my empty wallet (I never have cash. And when I do, its as if my kids have radar.....it disappears as quickly and mysteriously as it appeared), Lipgloss. I LOVE this cheap one by WetnWild:
Wet N Wild Lip Gloss Bronze Berry 568
9. When was the last time that you cursed and what was the reason?
10. What’s your greatest accomplishment in life, sans kids? Aside from my family? Gosh, I don't think I have achieved it yet, whatever it might be. That's not to say I am not proud of some choices I have made, with the life I have and what have you.For that I am! But I really don't feel I have reached that potential yet. I had a classmate recently pass away. I realized by the way she lived her life that I have so much to do in the time I am here. I want to make it count. I mean REALLY count. And I think its all about enriching one another's life. I plan to expand on that in my life. I hope that it will only at the end of my life I can honestly say my greatest achievement has been living it. I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
11. What famous person do you feel a kinship to-past or present?
Haha! I could have something much more interesting. But in truth....After much thought, I can relate to this guy alot. My life is much like this and the donuts, just a metaphor. But I have no complaints :)
I warned you that it was rather boring.
So allow me to suck up and invite you to participate in my latest giveaway....
Thank you for stopping by today for a visit.
Have a wonderful day!