Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thrifty Thursday #132, Plus a Tablescape

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party".

(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.

***
I hope you were able to "come along on my road trip" yesterday to the Boom days Festival.

But lets not forget the original destination.....Thrifty Thursday!

Welcome!!!
I'm so glad you're here!

On a recent thrifting adventure I came across this gorgeous Celtic cross.


I like the aged patina that it has with the rubbed details.
It was $9.00. More than I like to pay at the thrift store, but I was in love. It is a fairly large piece and very heavy. It found a home in my kitchen, but has moved from several places throughout my home. I like to move things often. Keeps it interesting, I suppose.



Now onto the Tablescape Thursday segment of the post....which also happens to be thrifty!
This tablescape is a country setting strawberries and tea.
The quilt was a thrift store find. $20.00. It is really an old quilt, not a reproduction, and was in good condition. The colors I loved.
All of the dishes, my moms! Free. A clear depression glass plate. A basic white mug. Doily that was inherited.
The teaspoon purchased at an antique shop very inexpensively. $2.00
The teapot, a gift from my cousin, Gina.
The silver pitcher, found at "the Longest Yard sale" (which was  in August, be sure to google it and participate next year!).

I encourage you to visit my friend Susan of Between Naps on the Porch for some great Tablescape Thursday participants.




What is a tablescape without the food? I invite you to stop by my food blog, PLATES & PLACES, for Foodie Friday!

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog.
I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!
You can always visit me on FACEBOOK,

I love me some friends: be they new friends or old friends!
XOXO
LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH
LEIGH


Thrifty Participants:

5 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Leigh,
Thanks so much for hosting.

Blessings,
Linda

Miss Kitty said...

Gosh Leigh! I think your cross looks like a museum piece! It's a real bargain at $9 to me. Thanks so much for hosting Thrifty Thursday Link Party...I look forward to it.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful tablescape! I'm loving that red teapot, it's great! Thank you for hosting TT once more and for having me. Hugs, FABBY

Curtains in My Tree said...

I like your old rugged cross

I have one hanging outside on my wooden fence and it has gotten rusty over the years

Thanks for this party

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That cross is amazing..what a great find! The quilt is pretty fabulous, too! It's such a thrill to find something you love! ♥ I'm linking this week! Thanks! ♥