Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thrifty Thursday# 102, Plus a Tablescape!

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.

(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.


First of all, I want to welcome our new Thrifty Thursday participants and Tales from Bloggeritaville followers. We have had several comment in the last few weeks, saying that they are new to the Thrifty Thursday party. I hope that everyone will make a point to pay a visit to other participants.

I am a sentimental person. And I save cards, thank you notes, invitations to special events etc.
I love to frame some of these items to enjoy everyday. Frames are usually picked up at the thrift store or tag sales.
















I love this special note from my friend, Zinnia. The stationary is beautiful, but the words even more so.























This is an invitation from a political friend to his swearing in ceremonies.























Words. So very special. And I love to see them everyday. Framed, a beautiful way to display them.

















Thrifty...almost free! But priceless.

This  Thursday I am joining in Tablescape Thursday , hosted by Between Naps on the Porch.
I was thinking green. I brought in some succulent plants, glass dishes and straw place mats.


And that is about all for today's Thrifty Thursday.

I invite you to join me tomorrow at Plates and Places for Foodie Friday.

Thank you for dropping my Bloggeritaville today! I have thoroughly enjoyed you visit. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog. Please leave a comment after linking. I love to hear from you.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!

Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!
HUGS! Hope to see you tomorrow, but not before you leave some "roadmap" love!

Thrifty Participants:

19 comments:

Mari said...

Now that's a great idea! I never thought of framing those kind of things. They really turned out nice.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Hello. I just discovered your blog. I am your newest follower. Thanks for hosting this fun party. Now I'm off to visit the other participants.

Danielle

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What a great idea to frame the invitations! And I love your tablescape...so festive! Happy week!...hugs..Debbie

Calypso In The Country said...

Love your tablescape! Very tropical - even the wood on the table looks tropical! Just beautiful!

Sharon@Keen Inspirations said...

Such treasures! and a unique way to preserve and share them! Thank you for hosting the party! I see a couple of things that I want to check out right away!

Chandy said...

Very, very nice, Leigh! Love the succulents!

Pretty Pink Cherub said...

Hiya hun!! I am joining in on your linky party for the first time... hopefully I did ok!! Love your tablescape and your framed pieces!!! Will come back later Thursday evening to see more shares!!! Thank you for allowing me to join in and follow your linky party every Thursday!! Many BIG hugs!
Tammy

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Thanks for hosting. I save cards & notes, too. They are few and far between, these days!

Anonymous said...

i am a new follower and boy! did i linked up my post today for being so excited!

i was delighted to see the framed results...thanks for the tons of ideas you share here on your blog.

will drop by more often:)

Donnie said...

Love how everything looks. The plates are a lovely color.

Esther Lynn said...

I am new to your blog and i love it!! So happy i found you, im also sharing my ideas!! Easy Butterflies!!

Creative Escapes said...

Hi Leigh! I just posted #88 a kitchen I built for my kids for Christmas. I did it all for around $100 - pretty thrifty I think, considering ones like Pottery Barn go for almost $500!Thanks for hosting, I know there is a cost now - I really love and appreciate the parties!

Amanda said...

Thanks for hosting a fab party, great idea of using frames to keep letters and notes, I'm linking up for the first time!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I am skidding in at the end of the day. :-D Will be back later to visit around.
Thanks for hosting again.
Have a nice evening.

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Love your framed words and table!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

It is so sweet that you not only keep but also display those items that are sentimental to you. I think that is so awesome. I really like your tablescape, too. Love the addition of the succulents.
CAS

Betty said...

Your table is so bright and cheerful. I love the color of the succulents. Thanks for hosting the party.

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

Thanks for sharing your treasured correspondence today, Leigh. And your tablescape is very uplifting on this cold day (at least for me!). Thanks for hosting too. Fun party.
~ Lynn

Entertaining Women said...

Words...their importance is often so underrated. My daughter and son-in-love are singer/songwriters. Their wedding cake was iced with the lyrics to the love songs that they had written for each other...From a distance, it resembled lace. I love your nod to the written word...and your succulents made a lovely focal point for your tablescape. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay