Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thrifty Thursday #97, Plus a Tablescape

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.

(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.


First of all, I want to welcome our new Thrifty Thursday participants and Tales from Bloggeritaville followers. We have had several comment in the last few weeks, saying that they are new to the Thrifty Thursday party. I hope that everyone will make a point to pay a visit to other participants.

Sometime ago I found a wingback chair at a garage sale for $10.00. I loved the look and lines of the chair, but the fabric needed some love.

















The colors in the Aztec print were both faded and did not match my home. The condition of the fabic was in poor shape, it was badly frayed.
 


















For $10.00, I knew I could make it work. I knew it could be a diamond in the rough. So I lugged the chair home and went about searching for a slip cover that would work in my home.
Remember I have three children and five dogs, we know all about stains.
We thrive on stains.
We are a living stain commercial.

That being said,

I needed something that matched my dogs hair.
I needed something that matched chocolate milk, dirty socks, mojito's & mudslides. ;)
I also wanted a fabric that would work in other rooms of my house. I get bored and often will move items around my home so finding something that would blend into the other rooms was a necessity as well. I searched and found this fabric from CSN stores...


A nice houndstooth. I AM partial to houndstooth, ya know. ;)
A cheap fix for a cheap chair....but I think it looks great!
(And for the record the cheetah print pillow, needlepoint stool, and lamp are also thrifty finds!)
























Now onto Tablescape Thursday...
You know....I am a sucker for white dishes.



All dishes came from my favorite store,  AT HOME, Homewood.

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday. Can you believe we have had #97 Thrifty Thursday post.....I am planning a little something special for #100. Stay tuned!

I invite you to join me tomorrow at Plates and Places for Foodie Friday.

Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog. Please leave a comment after linking. I love to hear from you.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!

Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!
HUGS! Hope to see you tomorrow, but not before you leave some "roadmap" love!

Thrifty Participants:

21 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

You did a fabulous job with the chair...it is really nice and I love the fabric! Nicely done, Leigh!

XO,
Jane

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did a great job. The only upholstery I have attempted is covering dining chair seats.
Thanks for hosting again this week.
Hope it is warmer where you are.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a great chair -- and you know I love the dishes!

Our Seven Dwarfs said...

New to your blog. Thanks for the linky!

www.oursevendwarfs.com

Here On Crow Creek said...

This is my first time posting for your party! Im excited to see what we are going to do for 100!

amy@flexibledreams said...

I have always wanted to recover a chair. The one in my son's room is ripped and he keeps pulling the stuffing out... but, it looks like such a huge job! Nice work!!

Swampgirl said...

The chair turned out wonderful. I think the fabric would match our dog fur, too! Looks like we are heading to Prattville this weekend for a wrestling meet- any chance you will be there?

Amy said...

I love your napkins!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

That chair came out great!! Thanks for hosting this fun blog party.

Sarah, Three Boys said...

First time linking up, thanks so much for hosting:)

nancygrayce said...

Is that a slipcover? It looks so great.....you're so smart and creative!

Pam Kessler said...

1st time at the party, thank you for hosting! I didn't even know they make slipcovers for those type chairs. I'll have to check them out because I am in desperate need on a slipcover or else someone to volunteer to make me one. I'll be back in the morning to visit all the party guests!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Leigh, I love your chair and the white dishes. And speaking of dishes, I'm having a china drawing on my blog. The winner gets something in her favorite pattern. Hope you'll join me there.

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Beautiful tablescape Leigh! Those dishes are gorgeous too. I love the shape and various patterns on them, they really are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing difference in the chair. You have an amazing eye to see the potential.

Allison@FabRehab said...

New to the party! Thanks for the invite!

Donnie said...

Your white dishes are lovely and you did a great job with the chair. I love it.

Sylvia said...

Wow Leigh...your chair looks great...fantastic job! Can you come re-do my couch? LOL..

The tablescape is beautiful...you've got great taste!!!

Sylvi

Amanda Lee said...

Hi Leigh! Your chair revamp turned out great! I had to laugh when you said you needed something to match dog hair. Years ago I brushed out my dog and filled a sandwich bag with hair before going carpet shopping. We ended up with an oatmeal colored wool Berber that completely hid the dog hair :)
~Amanda

Entertaining Women said...

something that matched chocolate milk, dirty socks, mojito's & mudslides...this absolutely makes my day...gives me a new approach to shopping for fabrics. Thank you for sharing your lovely makeover. Cherry Kay

Honey at 2805 said...

Great job on your chair update and your header is so-o-o cute! Enjoy looking at some of the party entries and may join you next week. Your latest follower, Honey