Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thrifty Thursday #75+ a Tablescape

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.

(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.












For today's Thrifty Thursday, I thought about sharing some ideas made from freebies. I've been thinking outside of the box to create something that is truly unique, one of a kind artwork or an interesting conversation piece.
Using old tools an interesting piece of artwork was created. One with alot of visual interest....one that comes in spades ;)





























Get it? Spades. :)
And what about fashioning a chandelier from an old pot rack and some silver spoons and candles. How cool is this in a kitchen or outdoor porch?



























Speaking of dining.....


Today is also which is hosted by Susan of Between Naps on the Porch. My tablescape today is white plates (surprise, surprise!). These features fleur de lis that are raised, looking like pottery. With the white, I thought I would kick it up a notch in the form of some festive napkins & palcemats.



















I adore the light blue pompoms on the red and orange striped fabric placemats. And the napkins with their playful red floral fabric tucked into turquoise glasses. Its a busy combination, but I think it works! It makes me happy! It makes me want to celebrate!
What flavor margarita would you like?

(plates, placemats, glassware and napkins can be found at AT HOME in Homewood, Alabama)
Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday.
I am also linking today to Linda's Coastal Charm.

Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog. Please leave a comment after linking. I love to hear from you.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!

Also, Foodie Friday tomorrow on my recipe blog, Plates and Places.
Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!
HUGS! Hope to see you tomorrow, but not before you leave some "roadmap" love!
Thrifty Participants:

18 comments:

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Leigh!

I couldn't see the pictures of your thrifty creation :(

But, the tablescape looks awesome!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Orange is one of my favorite colors all of a sudden and your tablescape is so bright and cheery. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Kitschalicious said...

I LOVE the Tablescape! What fun colors!

L Simonson said...

Thanks for hosting! I love that tablescape!

Marianne said...

That chandelier is so cute! Thanks for sharing that idea.
It is my first time to link up to your party. Thanks for being our gracious host!

j said...

I have had such a great time visiting links from this weeks Thrifty Thursday. There are some wonderful ideas out there!

Hope you are doing well Leigh. Miss you!!!!

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

I love the plates and the pom pom fringe on the placemats. Everything looks so nice together. Thanks so much for hosting.

:) Michelle

Entertaining Women said...

I have to share your blog with my daughter on her twitter page. She's been talking about making a 'utensil candelier like yours. So excited to show it to her. Thank you for your charming design. Cherry Kay

Barbara said...

Those plates are so gorgeous. It looks like they will work on all sorts of settings. I like the bright orange placemats and the napkins that you used. Very festive!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Love the brilliance of the table setting -- such fun!
And the "found object" art -- so creative. I'd love that chandelier in the garden, you are right. So cool.
Thanks for hosting!
Cass

Sweetladyelaine said...

Hi,
I love the plates and napkins so festive! Your art object is very creative! Thanks for sharing....

Nancy said...

Now why have I not been here/done this before. What a fun blog and fun stuff on this Thrifty Thursday deal. Love the spades and chandelier! :) Nancy

Ami Allison said...

Thank you for hosting!! :)

Justabeachkat said...

So cool...love the wall hanging.

Happy weekend.

Hugs,
Kat

Arabella said...

Oh, Leigh! I just love the pot rack with candles/silverware ~ that's awesome!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend. :O)

Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
http://nauticalcottageblog.com

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Hey girl! Just got back from a Michigan whirlwind trip and the pictures of flowers and such I was proud of. I have been studying your photos and tried to duplicate some of your visions. I would love for you to check the ones I posted out and would appreciate any suggestions. Some of them are not object photos...they are just people...but a lot of them are of things. Loved the tablescapes and the placemats were precious. Thanks for sharing.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How fun and creative! Love your pretty and colorful tablescape

The Tablescaper said...

Such great color and excitement.

- The Tablescaper