Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday-Plus a Reminder!

It's Outdoor Wednesday! Every year on Easter my Mom and Dad host an Easter lunch. My aunt, uncle and cousins -as well as my brother and his precious family decend and enjoy a good meal and good fellowship. Sunday was no exception. I thought I would share some photographs from the Annual Easter Egg Hunt....

A motley crew was at the hunt this year....My cousin Alan, my brother Jon, Big Daddy and my son "Bama"-home from Bama. They are just delighted at the amount of pictures I take. What is it about men and pictures? Suck it up, tough guys. And smile!
















My niece, who we call "Mae-be Baby". This was her first year to hunt eggs. She loved it!























Don't put all your egg's in one basket?
Sister Sledge and Mae-by Baby count their egg's.























The Egg Hunt participants, along with the "Egg-ceptional Organizer", Patricia.

















The frenzy begins, as hunters scurry.
















My neice, Reesey-Cup finds something really funny.























Bama shares a precious moment with Reesey Cup.























"Red" gets a lift up from Bama.

Red holds a special egg, this one a Mexican tradition brought to our family by Patricia, my cousins precious girlfriend. The egg is real, the top of the egg has been broken to extract the membrane, then cleaned. After it dries the egg is filled with LOTS of confetti and a small piece of tissue paper glued to the opening to close it. It's fun to "smash" over the heads of people, where confetti goes everywhere! The kids really loved it! So did the adults.























Boys love to climb trees-no matter their age. My brother in a tree, followed by my son, J Smooth.
























After lunch we took a walk and Reesey Cup gathered some wild flowers to give to her mommy.























I invite you to join me tomorrow for Thrifty Thursday.
I will be announcing a new giveaway on my Plates and Places blog on Foodie Friday-so be sure to register.

For more outdoor wednseday participants be sure to visit Susan of Southern Daydreamer, delightful host of Outdoor Wednesday.

17 comments:

Maryrose said...

Love this post, you can tell how much fun everyone had. Too cute.
Maryrose

Bama Belle said...

What fun! I adore that egg idea!! Your family is so beautiful, just like you!

xinex said...

What a fun day, Leigh!...Christine

Natasha in Oz said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful day. You took some beautiful pictures,Leigh. What lovely memories.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Barbara said...

What a great day with your family....looks like everyone had a great time, but then just being with family is a great time.

Barbara

Allie and Pattie said...

What a beautiful day! And a beautiful family!
xoxo Pattie

Barbara said...

Leigh, Am I signed up fot give away? If not please put my name in the hat.

Barbara

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

What a beautiful family having a lovely time!!!

Old Time Cindy said...

Looks like everyone had a good time!
Blessings,
Cindy

Reid said...

Loved the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds and looks like everyone had a great time.

Creations By Cindy said...

Beautiful family! Looks like ya'll all had tons of fun! Be blessed. Cindy

Trina said...

That baby's red hair is gorgeous! :) You've got a good looking family Leigh!

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a lovely family! It looks like everyone had a fabulous time! Cute idea about the cracking of the confetti filled egg.

~ Tracy

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

A good time was had by all!!
A glorious Easter for our risen Savior.
ILU,
Mom

Kristin - The Goat said...

Love the photo of the your son holding up Red - that looked like fun. I don't know what it is about the boys not wanting their photos taken. I get that, too - even though I take precious few people photos. lol