Monday, January 25, 2010

Adventure Awaits all this week on Tales from Bloggeritaville!

Vacations. There is nothing like getting away to clear one's mind. Being in the mountains in a perfect perscription in doing that. Like the wind blowing through the trees, all my stresses just seem to blow away. And with friends who make it their mission in life to be your biggest cheerleaders....it's extra nice to bring the whole team long. Which is just what I did this past weekend. My girlfriends and I (nine of us total) spent some much needed girl time at my cousin's cabin in Mentone, Alabama. 
(Click photo to enlarge)
















If you haven't been to Mentone, you are missing one of the the state of Alabama's biggest "hidden" gems. Though Mentone is a small town, the adventures to be had are numerous. Whether you enjoy a quiet walk in the woods, skiing rapidly down a frozen slope or navigating through the waters of the Little River, there are of many degrees and excitment levels of adventures waiting to be customized to your idea of enjoyment.

My girlfriends and I  had a fantastic time, which I will be chatting up our ideas of adventure all this week. From the Mom and Pop hole in the wall dive that serves some of the best pickles I have ever eaten (Foodie Friday), to the sights and scenery to visit (Outdoor Wednesday), Antiquing on a Budget (Thrifty Thursday)....I will be covering it all this week on Tales from Bloggeritaville.

I also want to share with you facebook friends, that Tales from Bloggeritaville now has it's very own fan page. I would like to invite you to become a fan by visiting the Tales from Bloggeritaville Facebook fan page. Be sure to click, "become a fan" on the facebook web sight!

So, won't you join me this week in my adventures to Mentone, Alabama!

9 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Leigh - - - you are just CUTE as the dickens in that pink jacket and little black hat!!!

Key-ute!!!

One of my college friends grew up ALL HER LIFE in Mentone - - - her maiden name was Lottie Susan Cash, of course she NEVER used the Lottie part. She became Susan Hooks when she got married and I believe she and her husband - - - at least for a time - - - ran some kind of a camp in Mentone. Wouldn't it just be "the bomb" if you somehow KNEW her???

Mari said...

You lucky girl! It sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

You all look so cute and I know you had a great time! I love Mentone. It's just the cutest little place!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

susan said...

Lots of my friends went to Skyline and Alpine when I was growing up and thought it was Heaven. Can't wait for the details of your trip!

Trina said...

Hi! I'm trying to get all caught up. I don't think it will ever completely happen. :)

I've never been to Mentone. We were going to go for a weekend a while back, but something came up. I'd love to go!

4thelove! said...

I would like to say....so much fun! The boys and I are headed back to Mentone in the next two weeks!!! "LOVE" :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Bet you had a good time! Looks like a happy bunch!.:)

Unknown said...

Oh, for a vacation....

Looks like you had fun.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

How cool is this....today is my 7th wedding anniversary...and we spent out honeymoon...in Mentone...at a friends cabin. It snowed. It was delightful. I love adventures....so adventure on my friend Leigh..