Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Decorating inspired by Nature

I love girls nights! Recently I was at my girlfriend, Sweetness' house. We vegged out of some good food, had many laughs and I poured over all of her decorating magazines.
In a recent Southern Accents publication I was struck at the beauty of some home decor, these particular ones being things inspired by nature. Which is what I tend to learn towards.
How fabulous made of oyster shells?

I can just imagine the light hitting them and the iridescence of colors shimmering about the walls of the room. How how wonderful!
Here is a look of it in the entry hallway..

Decadence!
I also loved this look in one kitchen, again in the lighting.

What wonderful beehive baskets!!
And take a look around the room...
That island made from architectural pieces is amazing!
The refrigerator has a chalkboard front!
Those twig seats around the island.....I love all the texture and the character in this room!
I am inspired. Are you?
Now, let me head on down to my money tree that is planted in my backyard so I can grab a bushel to incorporate this look into my home.
Doesn't hurt to dream, huh?

8 comments:

Mari said...

Beautiful! I can look at things like that and be inspired, but can't come up with my own version of those kinds of things. Kudos to you for being able to!

Kristin - The Goat said...

The kitchen looks to be rustic, but I think it's expensive. I bet the light coming off the oyster shells would be quite lovely. :)

Tricia said...

Hi Leigh.
I too love the oyster shell chandelier. What a huge statement!!
I'm definetly inspired. Wanna grab me a little extra from the money tree while you're there?! I mean, what's a little more, right?
Talk to ya' soon.
XO*Tricia

j said...

Now THATS thinking outside the box! All of my shells are in bowls and jars!

Christina said...

I want a money tree too. ; ) Love the pictures. The basket light fixtures are wonderful. Inspiration is fun and then I usually have to come up with something less expensive.

Bama Belle said...

My fave acticity to! We just need some wine and magazines! Let's do it soon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend

Susan said...

Those oyster shells are beautiful! You should see the cross I bought in Apalachicola, FL.... it has all these blue shells glued to it- it's beautiful!

Gwen said...

Do you have enough in that bushel of money to buy me a house with an entry like that?

I love the texture that both bring into the rooms. They are inspiring.