Saturday, February 21, 2009

Prayers for Eli's Family


I received a prayer request this week, from my blogger friend Amy of the Hickman Family. I was heartbroken to learn that Amy's (almost) 2 year old nephew, Eli had passed away unexpectedly. I cannot even begin to imagine the gamut of feelings that her family are going through. The passing of a loved one is always hard, but even more so when it is a child. All I can offer, and I wish there were more, is my prayers. I would like to ask you , in the blogging community, to pray over their family.
I take comfort, however, in knowing that Amy is one of great faith in the creator who has a divine plan, far greater than we can even begin to conceive. I do know that sweet Eli is in the hands of HIS Father, made anew and bathed in the love of God. All that knew and loved Eli, his spirit will live on through them.
So, I ask of you to please take a moment today and pray for this family. I know there will be some rough days ahead of them. But I also know that they can feel the light of friendship and prayer in a dark & difficult time. I also know the community of bloggers, they are great, They are kind, thoughtful and ever supportive. I know that you will lift this family up. Please go by Amy's blog and lend your support and offer your prayers.
Be Blessed.
In Christ,
Leigh, Tales from Bloggeritaville

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

16 comments:

Bama Belle said...

Prayers sent, prayers being prayed, and prayers coming! In Him, Jessica

Mari said...

This is so sad. I visited Eli's blog and it certainly looks like he was well loved in his 2 short years. I'm praying for the family. Thanks for passing this on.

j said...

I just CAN'T imagine how that family feels. Definitely prayers for them.

Glitter & Bliss said...

Prayers are going out to her and her family. I can't imagine suffering the loss of a child.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I will, I certainly will.

Georgia Girl said...

Oh how aweful to loose a child...I know exactly well almost what she is going through. I almost lost my son a week ago and we were in PICU on life support...however, GOD was with us! I know he was with Eli but has something better in store for him that we may not understand.

I have been seeing your comments from time to time from other bloggers I visit so I thought I would stop over and visit.

Beth

Unknown said...

Such sad news....I will be keeping the family in my thoughts and prayers

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this, Leigh. Our infant grandson, we lost, was Elijah...he would have been called Eli.

Thoughts and prayers for Eli's family.

Unknown said...

We will keep this family in our prayers.

Unknown said...

We will keep this family in our prayers.

Unknown said...

We will keep this family in our prayers.

"J" said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my dear........

This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo SAD!!!!!!!!! I read over at Amy's......they are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!

I'm off to her blog!!!!!!

=(

"J" said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my dear........

This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo SAD!!!!!!!!! I read over at Amy's......they are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!

I'm off to her blog!!!!!!

=(

The Hickmans said...

Leigh, I cannot tell you how much it means to me that you did this post. It is so comforting to know that so many people are praying for our family. I have definately felt the peace and comfort of God. You, as always, are the best blogging friend to us all! May God bless you for your faithfulness.

Tammy said...

Sending up prayers now for this family. Thank you for sharing.

Tammy said...

Sending up prayers now for this family. Thank you for sharing.