Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's Thrifty Thursday!


Welcome to the very first Thrifty Thursday on Tales from Bloggeritaville!
Before I go on to explain "Thrifty Thursday" I want to brag on my new buttons! Aren't they FABULOUS! I invite you to steal my little buttons for this such occasion. Charnita of Charnita's Expressions made it for me. She also made me one for my blog....

I honeslty was jumping up and down when I saw them. I invite you to use either button. You can use it in your post as well as on your sidebar of your blog. Just link them back to me at http://www.lbratina.blogspot.com/
Thanks! And a heartfelt thank you to Charnita! Great job! Charnita is a master, so if you have a need. Inquire. Her rates are good too. Charnita- You RAWK!!!!
Now, onto Thrifty Thursday.....

This is a show and tell of sorts. It is time for you to showcase your thrifty find. It can be an old find or a new one. It might be something that you found at a thrift store, a consignment store, flea market, garage/yard sale, antique store. It's it was a thrifty find, then it meets the requirements. I am not picky, It can be a great pair of boots & a killer vintage dress, jewelry, home decor, even fishing lures. It is your thrifty find. Tell me about it. Where did you find it? What is it? What do you plan to do with it or how do you plan to use it in your home? Do you want to sell it? Thrifty Thursday's are about the thrill of the hunt...and the treasure you found. So....do show and tell!

I am praying that the Mr. Linky I attempted to install will work. If not, It is quite possible I will go off the deep end trying to get it on the post. If it isn't on here, please leave your blog link in the comments so that visitors can swing by and check out your thrifty find.

I will begin by showing you my thrifty find.
I found it at the thrift store on Monday. It had a $20.00 price tag, which is steep at the thrift store. But because it is a Christmas item, it was marked at 75% off. It is this:

It's a Natural Nativity handcrafted in Germany Christmas Pyramid. I thought it was unique. I had seen a show on TV during the holidays about the craftmanship that goes into these little creations. It was something I hadn't thought much of until I saw that on tv. The one I found is from Germany. It is a multi tier. I did a little research and found one's similar on the Internet for $359-$700. The cost depends on the amount of tiers. It is a neat little whimsical piece that I got for a steal. I would sell it in a heartbeat though. While it is neat, I don't have much use for it. Maybe one day I will post it on EBay. In the meantime...I am watching it spin...and the angels "fly" round and round". Not bad for a day at the thrift store.

So tell me, what is your thrifty find this Thursday?
Here's how to join in.
1. Blog about your thrifty find. Be sure to link back here so others can find the entire list of participants!
2. After you've posted your blog, sign the Mr. Linky below. Have fun exploring the other links as well! Please only sign in if you're participating ...but I invite everyone to leave comments.
I am really excited about Thrifty Thursday!
Tune in tomorrow for Valentine's day on the Cheap (Yes, I am talking to you men! ANd ladies that love a deal.)




11 comments:

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Leigh, Thanks for letting me know about Thrifty Thursday! I love your nativity...it's beautiful! I would have definitely snatched it up in a second...and sounds like you got an amazing deal! Susan

Mari said...

I'll be looking forward to this on Thursday's. I am not a great bargain shopper but I love to hear about other peoples finds - and maybe I'll learn something!

j said...

My Thrifty post is up! I don't see the linky right now... I'll click back through in a minute and see if he pops back up. Blogger has been a booger for me lately.

And I love the spinny thingy. My mother in law had one as the boys were growing up. Makes me wonder where it is now.

Brenda said...

Hi, I'm over from Jennifer's. I won't be able to join in this week, but will put this in my faves and participate next week. How fun!
I have tons of stuff around my house that was acquired via thrifting.
See ya next week.

Anonymous said...

Oh, do I LOVE this idea! I can't wait until next week! This is so much better than a Thursday Thirteen...too much effort.

As for the pyramid, my friend would DIE at the $20 price tag. She and I just returned from Germany in October, and she bought a MUCH smaller version of the pyramid from the Kathe Wohlfort Chirstmas store for around $40US. And when I say much smaller, I mean about 1/10 the size!! You got the deal of a lifetime! If you're looking for a place to buy replacement candles, let me know. I found a great Website for that kind of thing!

j said...

I saw Brenda's comment and she was one of... two I think?... that said they wanted to participate next week. Yea!

And Mr. Linky was there this time.

Have a great day Leigh!

Anonymous said...

A mazing find.Don't cha just LOVE a good find.My friend Carrie will love this.I'll go tell her.She collects nativitys.I set up with MrLinky.I'm just joining.I don't quite know what to do.My FIND was on my Trash to treasure Tuesday this week.I found a Herand dish for maybe $1.00.I have had it for a year or two and didn't know what it was.I just knew it was pretty..Ann

Shannon said...

Oh I love that Nativity! Very beautiful! You scored big time with that one!

Shannon said...

Not sure if my comment went through...LOVE that nativity! It is gorgeous!

cherry said...

That nativity is beautiful. Thanks for letting me know about your thrifty thurs. I am so sorry to hear about your losses too. cherry

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

susan-Thank you Susan, for participating! My first Mr. Linky and you are my first liner. Thank you for the bottom of my heart!


Thanks Mari- I am happy to hear that. You giv eme a smile.

HI Brenda!That is great news! I am so happy to have you join. I have been having issues with Blogger today so I think many people cannot see my post. I am having difficulty seeing some peoples on their blog. Hopefully by next week, bloggers kinks will be ironed out. I look forward to what you have to contribute. I love to see what treasures are found.
And I love new friends!
Thanks alot. Oh, and pick up a button while you are over at my blog

Thank you so much Jennifer. I am headed to your post right now, but first I wanted to thank you.
I do see Mr Linkey from my end and have had one to link. Try again and see if you can see it.
Thanks for playing along. I am so appreciative! You DO need to look for the "spinny thing"


LULU- Holy cow!Wow!I actually paid 5 bucks for it when it was said and done. I was so excited. Even moreso when I got home and began pricing.What a fluke. I am willing to sell it.


Ann- Thanks so much for playing along. Your dish is beautiful. Thanks alos for telling your friend. Join in next week!

Thanks Shannon!

Cherry's Jubilee-Thank you so much.