Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Swap Partner...Hey! It's Legit!

I got a package in the mail today! It was from Kim, my Very Vintage Valentine partner. The swap was hosted by Heidi of Foxglves, Fabric and Folly.


I was so happy to get the box...like a kid at Christmas, I tore into that thing and began pulling out smaller packages. Take a look at all the loot!

Don't you adore that Love sign that Kim made? It is all glittery and sparkly. Enough to make any girl happy. When I find just the right spot, I will give you another look at it.
Also in the box...candy (Jelly Belly's, a sucker and gummy bears-YUM).

A box of herbal tea and a mug to drink it from. Ummmm. I already put that to good use. The temperatures outside are chilly, but the tea, it warms my soul.
Speaking of tea, look at this sweet little teacup. It holds a tealight inside. Isn't it precious!

But the best part was this hand created box of inspiration.......


Inside:

Bath petals, delicious bath soap, the most wonderfully fragrant sachet, fragrance oil, 2 sweet magnets, a hand towel...and this

Precious vintage hankie. Wrapped inside of it (complete with sequined heart pin) was stationary and envelopes.

What a treat!
Thank you to Kim, for making my Vintage Valentine Swap a fun one! I love all of my hand created items. LOVE THEM! I think that is the most special thing, handmade things from the heart. My sincere thanks. I will always treasure it. And thank you also to Heidi of Foxgloves, Fabric and Folly for hosting such a fun swap. I love all things vintage and this was a fun one! Heidi will be hosting a Easter swap in the coming weeks, so be watching for that. It promises to be another great one!

11 comments:

Leigh said...

Am I the only one having problems with pictures on the sidebar not showing up? Can you all see them? Curious if it is from my end alone?

Anonymous said...

no i see your pictures... mmm .. i am thrilled that you recieved and enjoyed your gifts...Yea!!! to swaps love them......I hope you enjoy each and every gift... You are now dubbed My ALABAMA friend... take care....
kim

Kirby3131 said...

What a fabulous, thoughtful, beautifully presented gift. I love it! and I can tell that you are pretty smitten as well.

Have a fabulous day!
Kristin

jennifer said...

I am seeing side bar pics.

WOW - Kim was so generous! All of your items are so pretty.

♥georgie♥ said...

wow Kim did awesome!!!
only one pic I cant see 'Bama' all i see is an X

"J" said...

You sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HIT the JACK POT!!!! I love everything she sent you!!!! What a great package!!!! It was soooooooooooooooooooooo YOU!!!!!!!!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

How absolutely delightful. Thanks for sharing the pictures of all the goodies. I loved every one and got some great ideas for my own valentine gifts. Nothing better than hot tea and a cute cup.

Susan S. said...

Wow...you scored so great loot! How fun....I've never participated in a swap I'll have to start looking out for those. I love to shop and give gifts!!!!

Bama Belle said...

WOW you were blessed with quite the bounty! What beautiful things. I see pictures BTW! xoxoxo

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wonderful swap Leigh!

I had the red x's on some of my sidebar pictures yesterday or the day before, but whatever the glitch, it seems to be "healed".

PAT said...

I no sooner left this message, Leigh, when the red x's reappeared!!!