Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hope Your Christmas was Merry!

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas! I sure did! It amazes me how quickly it comes and goes. I spent Christmas Eve at my friend Diva's home. Diva's mother passed away this past year, and Diva has decided to carry on her mother's tradition of Christmas Even Open House. Diva and her husband, Bassmaster, are exceptional host. I went to the open house with my friend High Mae, and her twin boys. It was fun.

I came home to find two of my good friends had left goodies on Christmas Eve. My friend T-Ray gave me a scarf and a CD of Christmas tunes. Zinnia had made homemade sweet potato casserole. YUMmmmmm. I also received some very special gifts from Boss, High Mae, and Mama Joy. Really, when I say that I am blessed with the most thoughtful friends, I am serious. All of my friends continually go above and beyond to share their love. Though I am always appreciative of their thoughtful gifts to me, it is their friendships are the true gifts to me.

On Christmas Day, after the anticipation of waking up early to see what Santa brought, we headed to my parents house (they live a few minutes away). They hosted a Christmas lunch for 36 people. It was nice....and got a bit crazy with a hassle of children, as you can imagine. But, it was successful, considering that there were no "Jerry Springer" moments. My family spent the next two days recouping from the togetherness that was Christmas.

On Sunday I headed to my friend Judy's store, Sisters Two, where she is currently having a major sale. Major. I got some great buys...and even two boxes of freebies that she gave to friends. Sweet! The actual sale begins on Monday January 29th at 10 AM. For directions, check out the Sisters Two web site.

I am looking forward to checking out and catching up on every one's blogs to see how your Christmas celebrations went. I will see you at your place!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I followed your link from Tina's Cherry Hill Cottage and have enjoyed visiting you. Now I'm off to visit more of your interesting blog. (smiles)

Rick said...

Thank you Leigh for becoming a follower of my blog. I am honored. I enjoyed the family slide show. It sounds like you made out like a bandit.

Please visit soon to join in my little giveaway.

Bama Belle said...

Love the pictures! Beautiful family! I thought how blessed you were when I got my card! Thank you so much. And Thank you for being my friend. Happy New Year!

Nicolle said...

I know I've said this before, but it sounds like you have such wonderful girlfriends! I am glad you had a great Christmas!

Glitter & Bliss said...

So glad you had a great Christmas!! I will check out your friend's website. So glad you got great bargains. Happy New Year!!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

You lucky girl! Now the TJ Maxx & Marshalls thing I'd love to get in on! Those are 2 of my very favorite stores too. You got some great things. Hope ya'll have a wonderful New Year!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Loved the slideshow! I watched every picture. On one of them I said, "oops, it's sideways" but after reading the caption, I found out it was intentional!

Sounds like you had a very blessed time with family and friends. Just perfect, I'd say.

Happy New Year to you, my friend.
Kristin

Jess said...

Hi Leigh! So glad you enjoyed the holidays. Ahhh...TJ Maxx. You are blessed. Here's to 2009. Happy New Year, friend!

butterflygirl said...

From the pictures it looks like the busy time was enjoyed. It did go by rather quickly this year.

SitDownKaren said...

What a great idea! I'm glad to see you and your babies had agreat xmas!

Terri said...

It should be illegal to have a family that pretty. SERIOUSLY!

Glad you like what the elves delivered. :)

Dullbert said...

hey in one of those pics was J. holding one of THOSE mischievous little elves ? We had a pair of them this year and had a blast?