And here are the answers to the quiz of A Christmas Story (that ran yesterday, quiz below). The winner of the quiz, Valarie Lea! She got every answer correct!!! She obviously is a huge CS junkie like my family. Congratulations, Valarie. I went to one store last night in hopes of finding a CS Christmas ornament .....no such luck, but if I find one, I will send it to you! Congratulations. Thanks to all who entered. And Mari -a travesty! You MUST watch!!!!! It will run Christmas Eve to Christmas Day (24 hours straight) on TBS, tune in!
1. When Ralphie is sitting on Santa's lap his mind goes blank and he can't remember what he wants for Christmas. What does Santa suggest he bring Ralphie?
A nice football
Ralphie finally remembers what he wants while he starts going down the slide. He stops himself, and turns around and tells Santa he wants a Red Ryder BB Gun. Santa says, "you'll shoot your eye out kid."
2. What does Ralphie say Flick saw, by the candy store?
The correct answer was Grizzly Bears.
He used this as a hint to his parents to let him have his Red Ryder BB Gun.
3. What is the name of Ralphie's teacher?
Answer: Mrs. Shields
Ralphie gives Mrs. Shields a big fruit basket for her Christmas present in hopes that he will get a good grade on his "What I Want For Christmas" theme.
4. What color eyes did Ralphie say the bully Scut Farkus had?
"He had yellow eyes, so help me, yellow eyes!" Ralphie says this about Scut Farkus because he keeps getting bullied. Later in the movie Ralphie beats up Scut Farkus.
(Useless information- I used to have a cat named Scut Farkus)
5. What is Chinese turkey?
Answer: A duck
They go eat at a Chinese place for Christmas dinner after the neighbor's dogs get in their house and eat their turkey. When they bring the duck out Ralphie's dad says "It's smiling at me," so the waiter chops its head off.
6. What grade did Ralphie get on his "What I Want For Christmas" theme?
The correct answer was C+.
It also said "P.S. You'll shoot your eye out," when he got it back.
7. When Ralphie is daydreaming about being blind, how does he say it happened?
Answer: soap poisoning
He had his daydream right after he had his mouth washed out with soap for saying the F dash dash dash word.
8. When Ralphie and Randy go see Santa, what time is the store supposed to close?
The correct answer was 9 o'clock.
The clock reads 9:00 p.m. when the elves say "hurry up kid, store's closin'."
9. Who made Ralphie's bunny suit?
Answer: Aunt Clara
Ralphie's dad said he looked like a derranged Easter bunny.
10. Where does Ralphie's dad hide the BB gun?
Answer: behind the desk
Ralphie's dad surprises him with it after he opens everything else.
11. How many times a day had Ralphie heard his old man use the "F" word?
The correct answer was 10.
"Now I had heard that word at least 10 times a day from my old man..."
12. In how many years had Ralphie's mother not had a hot meal for herself?
The correct answer was 15.
"My mother had not had a hot meal for herself in 15 years."
13. How many children were shown sitting on Santa's lap before Ralphie sat on his lap?
Answer: more than 2
The wet kid that smelled like tapioca, the kid with the goggles, and Randy.
14. To what letter and number does Ralphie set his Little Orphan Annie decoder pin for his first secret message?
"Set your decoder pins to B2."
15. What was the name of the villain that Ralphie told would be pushing up daisies if he returned?
Answer: Black Bart
Black Bart and his cronies were climbing over the fence.
16. What was the name of the place where the Parkers ate their Christmas dinner?
Answer: Chop Suey Palace
It was right beside a bowling alley.
17. What did Ralphie's aunt think he was when she sent the pink bunny suit with the blue button eyes?
Answer: 4 years old and a girl
"My aunt thought that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl."
18. What was the last sentence in Ralphie's Christmas theme?
Answer: I don't think that a football is a very good Christmas present.
He asks for the Red Ryder 200 shot range model air rifle.
19. How many smelly hound dogs does Ralphie say the hillbilly neighbors have? At least....
The correct answer was 785.
"Our neighbors the Bumpuses had at least 785 smelly hound dogs that ignored every other human being on this earth except my old man."
20. When Ralphie says "My mother was about to make another brillant maneuver in the endless battle of the lamp," what does she do?
Answer: turns it off
"We don't want to waste electricity." She says this when they are going Christmas tree shopping and all the rest of the lights in the house are on. You don't actually see her unplug it so the correct answer is "turns it off".
Shrimp & Sausage Sauce Piquant
5 years ago