Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Underrated

This post was originally dated August 12, 2008:

Per Trolls bi-weekly meme....This week is things that are under rated.


My pick for this week, Jerry Reed. Most would probably remember Jerry Reed from his role as the humorous trucker in Smokey and the Bandit. But Reed's talent goes further, even beyond his acting. Reed is a master of lyrics. A singer, a guitarist, he is the epitome of what country music singers should be and want to be. He is authentic to his craft. He writes some of the most humorous yet relatable songs that these ears have ever heard. What's different about Reed is his delivery. Instead of a "tear in my beer" song, he makes you laugh at a situation. He can poke fun of himself and at life. I love it when people that don't take themselves to seriously. Jerry Reed is one of these people. Case in Point.....his song about divorce, "She got the goldmine, I got the shaft", Being able to laugh at what life deals you sometimes can only make one stronger. And he'll make ya laugh.
I recently heard that Reed is working on some projects so it is my hope that we will all be able to be enjoy the works of Jerry Reed in the near future.
Jerry Reed, under rated as a public figure.....high on a pedestal in my realm of the world.
Jerry Reed



Go. Purchase. Laugh. Love.

Understand the man, Jerry Reed and why I chose him as my pick for under rated.

No comments: