Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yuki Japanese Restaurant


Yuki. It's pronounced Uu-Kee (long U and Key on the end), despite how you might think it is pronounced. It should be called Exceptional. The family circus and many of it's extended relatives recently paid a first visit to Yuki on a tip from son, Bama. He and many of the Barons baseball players have toted it as one of their favorite eating establishments.
Yuki truly one of the most amazing Teppan grills in the State. And for those who enjoy it, I hear that the sushi is top notch as well. On our visit we all chose to go with the traditional hibachi style cooking and sit grill side, though one can chose to sit at a booth and order food to be brought out to the table, versus prepared in front of you.

The first thing we noticed was how reasonable the prices are. When compared to the likes of Sumo, Shogun, Kobe, and Stix, the prices are on average at least $3-$5 cheaper for the same items. For example, the Shogun Special at Shoguns which contains Steak, Shrimp, and Chicken is $26.95 versus around $20 at Yuki. Yuki also offers a reduced lunch menu.
The ambiance at Yuki was also impressive. When I first walked in, I noticed the openness of the restaurant, and how warm and comfortable it was. The place was very clean. I am very picky when it comes to using a public restroom, so I was pleased with the cleanliness of Yuki's facilities. The restaurant overall was a very nice and pleasant setting to enjoy a fabulous meal.
But let us not forget the reason we went to Yuki...the food! Hands down, the best part! The quality of the food is first class. I could tell that the food was high quality and very fresh. When presented with the menu, one will notice the plethora of items on the menu from: sushi to various appetizers to multiple soup choices, to salads, tempura, noodles, and katsu. We ordered traditional meals of steak and or chicken. I myself ordered the vegetable grill. I could not get over the amount of food that you get with a meal. I had enough leftovers for two additional meals!! You will certainly get your monies worth at Yuki Japanese Restaurant. I believe Yuki will have some new "regulars" in our family circus.


Yuki Japanese Restaurant, it's Hoover's Best Kept Secret!
Yuki Japanese Restaurant
2760 John Hawkins Pkwy #108,
Birmingham, AL 35244
Tel: 205-402-9888

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Mmmmmmmm, looks like a new place to try for the GRITS family. We love that kind of food!

The Hickmans said...

What fun- I love the onion valcano!

Anonymous said...

wow me and brock ate there all the time during the summer...

Unknown said...

We have been curious about the place but now we'll have to visit. I love Japanese Food and feel better when I see the food prepared in front of me :)

j said...

That AC/DC cassette looked worn out. Listened to it a bunch did you?

Diva Daughter and her Daddy would LOVE Yuki. Right up their alley!

Jen

j said...

And I assume that you are home from MS safe and sound and will not be there for Gustav?

We will probably be with Bryans folks this weekend so we will be out of harms way.

Jen

"J" said...

Can I just say YUM-O! I love going to the place that we have here in town! Me and a few girlfriends sometimes meet up on Friday's for lunch!!!!! =) I wished I could make fried rice like them!!!!! =)

I love Sushi!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Grits-I highly recommend.

Amy-"I don't know..." (a song comes to mind in that comment. It's a BUffet song of course!)

Lex- I remember.

Zinnia- if you want company, let me know!

Jenn-ACDC-yes! Yes! Yes! Ya'll try yuki, it's not yucky. I made it back home....albeit tired! I talked to many at the funeral who were already in their evacuation plans. If you are in town, email me direct. We can hook up for lunch!

J-LOVE JAPANESE! Its so good, though I always get the steamed rice. I dont eat egg, but my fmaily all loves the fried.