Thursday, August 21, 2008

Out Takes Catering & Deli


In Homewood for an appointment, I got the great task of deciding where we would go for lunch. Homewood is a metropolis for great restaurants. Really, it is hard to go wrong. One of my favorites is Out Takes. Out Takes specializes in unique, delicious and healthful foods. Out Takes offers dine in or take out service. Lunch is served Monday - Friday from 10:30 AM-3PM. Out Takes also offers corporate and personal catering.
I went in with my lunch companions and found there was a wait to order. Though, the wait was short lived and the line moved quickly. This process gives you plenty of time to look at the food case and see the salad sides that are being served. It's a hard decision, for the choices are great.
Soon enough (about five minutes later) our meals were delivered to your table. Anytime I get the opportunity to go to Out Takes I order the salad plate for $5.00. It comes with a choice of three sides from these delicious options: Mediterranean Salad, Old Fashioned potato salad, spaghettini Parmesan, potato vinaigrette, pasta pesto, roasted vegetables, lite penne pasta, fresh seasonal fruit, or ranch vegetables. I almost always get the spaghettini Parmesan, ranch vegetables, and the potato vinaigrette. Today was no different.


My lunch companions opted for the penne pasta, Mediterranean salad, ranch vegetables, fresh fruit and potato salad. All salad plates are served with pita crisp.


If salads aren't what you fancy then order up a sandwich. There are several choices to chose from One of the house favorites is the buffalo chicken sandwich. It is spicy chicken that is topped with melted provolone cheese, lettuce and tomato on a crusty swiss romano boule. Topped with blue cheese or ranch dressing, it sounds like something bold and flavorful. There is also the Turkey Focaccia sandwich, the southwestern vegetarian grill, the Cuban, a marinated chicken sandwich to name a few other choices. All sandwiches are served with chips and a pickle spear. Most sandwiches are $6.25. Don't forget about the chicken and tuna salads served as salads or sandwiches as well($4.95-$8.95). There are also a number of wraps and classic sandwiches (for the kids and picky eaters!).
A recommendation......Be sure to purchase one of the cookies as you order your meal. You can order a dozen ($6.00) or each for .55cents. My favorite is the heath bar. It is so chewy and melt in your mouth good. Oh, I am craving one now!
Oh, and just for the record.......some of the best sweet tea you will ever drink.
Out Takes 5/5 stars for me!

Out Takes
"food to go"
2902 18th Street South
Homewood, Alabama
205-871-9995
http://www.outtakesdeli.com/

3 comments:

"J" said...

Can I say YUM-O!!!! That looks so good!!! It's 12:07pm here...it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo lunch time! You think they will deliver to Texas! HA! =)

I'm off to the kitchen at work to make my lunch!!! =) There is NO way its going to be as good as what you had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

Have you tried the Southwest Grill? Veggie burger with spicy mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion and provolone cheese...yummmmmmmmy!

By the way, figured out the problem I was having...thanks for the offer to help!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

J- I would be willing to bet it wont be. Its that good.

Susan-No I havent't...but if it the texture of a burger then I wont. I think my vegetarianism relates to a texture thing. Cant do it. I am weird.
On the other, anytime!