Tuesday, August 19, 2008

MC's Facts of Life- What do you want to be when you grow up?


(Photos By Leigh)

It was the beginning of church service, time for sharing with the children...a special moment in which the minister shares a few moments with the smaller children of the church, giving a very mini lesson on faith.
Today the minister asked the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
For my friend, Diva's daughter MC, she knew the answer she wanted to give immediately. As did the rest of the group of kids. The minister began to call on the other schoolchildren...each one answered as he called on them.
"I want to be a super hero!" answered Billy.
"Those aren't even real." MC rolled her eyes. Boys could be so silly. MC raised her hand higher, wanting to be the next called on.
Another girl, Patty was chosen to answer next, "I want to be Cinderella."
"They already have one of those." clarified MC to the crowded church congregation. She began to slap her hand on a nearby table, trying to attract attention to herself from the preacher.
"I want to be a fireman!" declared little Bobby Stewart.
"But firemen have to wear red......like, ALLLLLLLL the time!" MC, being a true fashionista at the young age of five knew that would be hard for anyone to be married to a primary color for a lifetime.
She began jumping on her bottom end. Sure the preacher would call on her. She had to get his attention. She knew the answer. By now the entire congregation was curious, as she had an answer to everyone's career choice. Finally, the preacher called on MC, "MC, what do you want to be when you grow up?".
"Oh, I don't know what I want to be. But you asked the question and I wanted to answer you!"

"MC Hammer"is the precocious five year old daughter of my close friend, Diva. MC is a wealth of material and "isms" that I am always reminding my friend to be sure and write down and document the things that come from MC's mouth. And thus, I am determined to record them myself in MC's Facts of Life.

5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

And she's awfully cute besides!

"J" said...

I love the pic you posted of MC! She is tooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!

Kids say the funniest things! I love it!!!

I liked when Lil Miss H was here with us and she said, "My Texas family is FUN and my Ohio family us BORING" lol I love it!!!! =) It's nice to know we are FUN! I hope she remembers that one day!!!! =)

Mrs. Schmitty said...

So, SO cute!!

j said...

GORGEOUS photos of a GORGEOUS child!!

I was at your place at the same time that you were at mine!!

Jen

The Hickmans said...

How funny! She is such a cutie!