Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Room Update

I lied, people. I said on Sunday that I would post a picture of plates that I purchased at the thrift store in this post. Out right lied. I failed to do it. Until today...

I got 6 plates at the thrift store for between 99 cents and $2.00 each. On Sunday I went with my mother to an esate sale where I purchased two metal pieces of iron work.

They were $10.00 each. However everyting was and half off because it was the last day of the sale. So I got the two iron pieces for $10.00. I also got the black throw pillow for $4.00 and a free blown glass Christmas ornament.
One of the metal pieces I put above Sledge's bed. The other-undecided. I also didn't use all of the plates because the plate hooks I bought were two big for the remaining plates. So, it is still a room in transition. I think it needs more plates.
This is what it is looking like:

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love the room redo. Seriously. It looks fab. You MUST share with me what thrift store you frequent?!!! I must know:)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Lindsey, I go to Alabaster Thrift Store (off I-65). The secret is to go during the week-I like to go Tues-Thurs when it isnt so picked over. And go early. I think they open at 8AM.
But in this post, only the plates came from there.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Anther goo dplace to go if you are in the area is Treasures Thrift Store in Pelham, also on highway 31. It is about 7 miles south of the Alabaster Thrift Store.

"J" said...

I have 3 fish plates that I would like to hang on the wall. How do you do that? Do you think I can find some type of hook to go on the back of the weird shaped fish plate? I also thought about getting a stand and setting them up-right? I need to take pics and show you!

"J" said...

I liek her room! You should add some colored plates! I think red!