Just a little slice of my life from yesterday:
1. I awoke still having a terrible nauseous stomach. I don't know if it is from the surgery or something else.
2. Sledge called from her school to tell me that her lunch account was "empty" and to "add money". I looked back at my checkbook and this kid, alone, has spent over $75.00 in ONE MONTH!!! on SCHOOL LUNCHES that cost $1.50. Someone is eating junk food. I am about to nip this in the nutter butter! I am thinking someone is going to be putting in ALOT of chores and getting up earlier to make her own lunch. No more school lunches for this kid who is literally living high off the hog in the lunch program.
3. Bama calls and tells me that he has been involved in his third wreck in 8 months!! This was his first time to be at fault, but still. Let us live through another dealing with insurance claims and adjustor's. And Please let Bama drive safe! Thank you God he and D Lid are safe and unhurt, as was the other driver. And thank goodness, only minor damage (although I hope it appears as such on the claim)
4. I pick up two of my dogs from the vet, Lucy and Jeffery, both who have been stripped of any further mating instincts. Lucy is very sick and throws up in my lap on the way home. Windows go down and me (still feeling sick myself) and the 2 children hang our heads out the window for the remaining 10 miles home because of the sight and smell.
5. THANK GOODNESS my sweet mom brought supper!! Roast, mac and cheese, green beans, brownies. While I don't want a bit of it, the family does have food to eat.
6. Big Daddy comes in from work, livid at Bama and the fender bender. Meanwhile Bama slips in under the cover of darkness and hides in his room. I recall the scene from the Christmas Story, "Mom! Daddy's going to kill Ralphie".
7. Sledge comes down from her bed at 9:30 PM to tell me that she needs a large bottle of Elmer's Glue for a school project (classwork) by tomorrow. I pry myself up from the den sofa and head out the grocery for the last minute request. It's going on the "lunch tab".
And this my friends, just another day in paradise, in the life of our little circus. Happy day! It can only get better, right?
Happy Leap Day.
Shrimp & Sausage Sauce Piquant
5 years ago