Thursday, January 17, 2008

Opened and Closed Doors

I didn't write the below in italics but it is something that I take heed to often. I have written before of how turbulent times and times when we might feel prayers have gone unanswered by the Lord are actually situations in which we must wait and be patient for God's plan. It might not be OUR plan but it IS the ultimate plan. I think of these times as a growth period for me as a Christian. What does God want me to learn from this? How can I use this experience to be beneficial?
Between the years of Sledge's birth and Smooths, Big Daddy and I felt it time to add to our family. We so wanted another child for our flock, er who am I kidding,"circus". Three times I became pregnant only to loose the baby each time. It was a very sad experience but I didn't dwell on it. I knew that God had other plans. It was my faith that kept me positive. I knew that I had to surrender to the Lord. Surrender. It can be a hard thing to do, but we as Christians must accept that all is in the hands of the Lord. And so, the following message.....

We need to learn to thank the Lord for closed doors just as much as we do for open doors. The reason God closes doors is because He has not prepared anything over there for us.
If he didn't close the wrong door we would never find our way to the right door. Even when we don't realize it, God directs our paths through the closing and opening of doors . When one door closes, it forces us to change our course. Another door closes; it forces us to change our course yet again.
Then finally, we find the open door and walk right into our blessing. But instead of praising God for the closed door (which kept us out of trouble), we get upset because we 'judge by the appearances.'
And in our own arrogance, or ignorance, we insist that we know what is right.
We have a very present help in the time of need that is always standing guard. Because He walks ahead of us, He can see trouble down the road and HE sets up road blocks and detours accordingly. But through our lack of wisdom we try to tear down the roadblocks or push aside the detour signs.
Then the minute we get into trouble, we start crying.
'Lord how could this happen to me?'
We have got to realize that the closed door was a blessing.
Didn't He say that 'No good thing will He withhold from them that love Him?'

If you get terminated from your job - don't be down, instead thank God for the new opportunities that will manifest themselves - it might be a better job, or an opportunity to go to school. If that man or woman won't return your call - it might not be them, it might be the Lord setting up a roadblock (just let it go).
One time a person had a bank he had been doing business with for many years tell him 'NO' for a $10,000 loan. The Lord led him to call another bank.
That bank approved a $40,000 loan for him at a lower interest rate than his own bank had advertised.
I'm so grateful, for the many times God has closed doors to me, just to open them in the most unexpected places. 'The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way.' (Psalms 37:23)
The Mountain top is glorious, but it is in the Valley that I will grow!
Always Remember God gives you...
Enough Happiness to keep you Sweet
Enough Trials to keep you Strong
Enough Sorrows to keep you Human
Enough Hope to keep you Happy
Enough Failure to keep you Humble
Enough Success to keep you Eager
Enough Friends to give you Comfort
Enough Wealth to meet your Needs
Enough Enthusiasm to make you look forward Enough Faith to banish depression, and Enough Determination to make each day a better day than the last.
Life must be lived forward but can only be understood backwards.
Commit to the Lord in whatever you do and your plans will succeed.
Proverbs 16:3)

3 comments:

Charnita said...

This is so true. I have so many examples in my past year that are evidence of this. So many doors have closed and I am finding the open ones slowly.....and understanding is coming...slowly
Thanks for the reminder of how great our God is.

Anonymous said...

Blah blah. I really hate that it's all true. Thanks for the reminder. The past week has been a big reality check and brought on a definite paradigm shift.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Charnita & Bossy Pants-we all have days we need a reminder. Bossy, I am praying for you. Chin up!