Sunday, January 6, 2008

MugShots Grill and Bar






.........................................................With all of the shopping in T-Town, my mother and I built up quite an appetite. Originally we had planned on going to eat at Cafe Venice,which is my favorite restaurant to eat while in Tuscaloosa. It is an Italian Restaurant that I highly recommend. Unfortunately is was not open so Mom and I went around the corner to eat at Mugshots Grill and Bar.
Mugshots was created by two college graduates that had dream of owning their own restaurant that served great food and cold drinks at a fair price. They succeeded. With a menu comparable to a Buffalo Wild Wings or Bob Baumhowers, there is something for everyone. I decided to splurge (so much for the weight watch). I got the Mombo Combo Appetizer Plate. It comes with your choice of three appetizer sides. I chose the Davis Dill Pickle Chips, Scooter MooCow Cheese Wedges and fries ($8.50). Mom got the Bond (Howard not James ) Sandwich, a 6 oz. grilled chicken breast topped with cheddar cheese, smoky BBQ sauce, lettuce and tomato ($6.95). The food was great. I hardly ate 1/4 of mine as it was huge. Mom could only finish half of her sandwich. Bama (at home) lucked out for he was the recipient of our left overs. While at Mugshots it is fun to read and look over the walls. Customers are asked to submit photos of themselves wearing the Mugshots logo T-Shirt while they are either doing something "notable" or on vacation somewhere. I took a photograph of Bama wearing his. I forgot to bring it with me, but plan to soon. Maybe if you visit, you will see him on the wall of Mugshots Fame.

(The picture of "Bama" was taken in Orange Beach, Alabama)

Locations in Hattiesburg, MS*Starkville, MS*Tuscaloosa, AL*Jackson, MS

Tuscaloosa Location
511 Greensboro Ave
Tuscaloosa, Al 35401
(205) 391-0572
http://www.mugshotsgrillandbar.com/
email:mugshotsgrill@aol.com

No comments: