Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Party Plot

Thank you to my brother in law Tony, as well as David Barefield and party host Tony Oddo for helping to plot a conspiracy to get Big Daddy and I out for a night on the town. Every year for the past 10 or so years we have been invited to the annual Christmas party of friends that we grew up with. Rarely have we ever gone. Big Daddy is not a social butterfly, unlike myself who LOVES being with people, especially people that I have such memoriable connections. Tony and Becky Oddo invited Big Daddy and I to their Christmas party that was held at Patera's in Pelham. Tony and Becky rented out the place and even included two "free drink tickets" for motivation. Big Daddy however was quite content in his own little world party of WOW (war of war craft). With devious planning and construction a plan was hatched, complete with a guilt trip and a phone call from a friend from long ago (Dave) and I was in. Big Daddy felt the pressure. I threw off my "bathrobe" and was prepared with party attire (not really but it painted a good picture).
I had such fun in seeing the gang that I hung out with. There I saw the guys that were like brothers to me, as I hung out with a bunch of boys in highschool (girls are devious). How wonderful to see the likes of the hilarious Matthew Wade, Chris White and the kind hearted Jeff Elliott again. Unbelievably, I didn't recognize anyone but Matthew and those big endearing eyes. There was always a tale of laughter in those eys and it was still so tonight. I am quite sure the others didn't recognize "Big Mamma" either. But the love I have for them is still there, as if it were yesterday. How great it was. Life is so short and passes by so quickly. I am so thankful that I was allowed the time to dance through the fond memories I had with all of them. It is memories that I hold precious to my heart.
A special shout out to Harry and Jackie Canter, you two have not changed a bit and as cute as ever together. **Dave and Harry of you ever talk to John Loar tell him I miss him. He too will always hold a special spot. I hope to see you all next year. Lets start planning next years heist now! How I love the holidays!
Check out the slide show below.....

No comments: