Monday, October 22, 2007

Teppan Edo=Umm!





My family had the most delightful dining experience while visiting Epcot's World Showcase. After a day at Disney and eating "fast food" I was especially looking forward to the sit down meal. As a family that loves Japanese food, we chose Teppan Edo. We arrived a little early of opening but were allowed to sit in the waiting area until official time (12PM). Precisely at 12 the entire staff at Teppan Edo walked single file into the lobby and greeted us with a little speech and a bow. I didn't know how to react. I bowed back.
Afterwards we were seated at our grilling table. The wait staff were extremely attentive, almost to attentive, although the gesture was nice. We all ordered our meals. Tom and Brock ordered steak, I ordered a vegetable dinner, and Jack and Elaina ordered the kids terriaki chicken. We had the most wonderful animated chef. He was a comedic relief while he stirred up our food. Collectively we were all pleased with our meals. It was one of the best Japanese meals I have had, although my son preferred our local, Ichiban's to Teppan Edo. There were no complaints. Even my youngest children ate every bite on their plate (that by the way was a replica of Japan's first plane/international flight). Upon leaving Jack and Elaina got to choose out of a treasure trunk a Japanese toy. Jack got a car in Japanese packaging and Elaina chose a necklace. An enjoyable meal that I will remember for a very long time. Yum!

No comments: