Thursday, October 4, 2007

Country Roads Take Me Home

(Photography by Leigh)




A last look at some images from my trip last weekend to DeKalb County, Alabama. While there I traveled down some of the prettiest country roads to the small town of Collinsville, Alabama (who was celebrating a quilt walk) and made a stop by Trade Day. I then drove north to Fort Payne and had lunch at The Bar-B-Q Place which is a recommendation by the Alabama Tourism brochure, "100 places to Eat before you Die". I then continued on with a drive by The Alabama (the group) Fan Club and Museum (in honor of my friend, Janet), then further north through Fort Payne's historical district (unique shopping, including another Hammer's Store location, as seen in my blog in August). Then, finally I headed onto Mentone, Alabama and took in some beautiful mountain views before finding my way back home to Birmingham.
I highly recommend. It is worth the tank of gas to explore the highly under rated state of Alabama-where a tank of gas and a few hours drive can take you to the mountains, the gulf, wonderful lakes & rivers, exploring some nifty caves or a scenic country drive. Check it out!

(Click on any of the images to enlarge)

No comments: