Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Unclaimed Baggage, Claimed by new owners






















Unclaimed Baggage by Leigh Bratina

Did you ever wonder where all that unclaimed luggage winds up when the airlines cannot find the rightful owners? Unclaimed Baggage Center in Scottsboro, Alabama is where it goes. The baggage center purchases unclaimed baggage by the cargo load, launders and dry cleans and repairs all clothing and then makes it available for sale to the public. It's not just suitcases that are for sale -- it's the contents, too. And they're cheap. Name brand suits start around $50, and racks are full of $20 dresses. At Unclaimed Baggage Center you can find all sorts of treasures from designer clothing, to jewelry, cameras, sporting goods, CD's, electronics, rugs, toys and much, much more. You can save 50-80% off of the original prices by purchasing at Unclaimed Baggage, and some items are still in their packaging or have price tags remaining. There is so much to look over. Although the goods are sorted into easy to shop departments, the retail space takes up over a city block and is stocked full with over 7,000 new items of merchandise daily.
On my recent trip to the unclaimed baggage center, my goal was to find something of a far more reasonable spending amount. The group I was with made a pact to only stay in the store for only 30 minutes, seeing what we could come up with. While that is hardly enough time to see it all, I was only in Scottsboro for the day and was trying to pack it all in. We split up and I went hurriedly scanning through the racks and racks of merchandise. I found 3 shirts I liked, the red and white Massimo shirt was a whole $6.00, the green and yellow Limited tank top was $5.00 and the white US Virgin Island Cheeseburger shirt was $4.00. At the register I found that all summer merchandise was an additional 25% off of those prices. My mom and I found a cool Paul Rodgers Blues CD for $3.99. Our total bill, less than $15.00. I did manage to look at a few brand name tennis rackets that ranged in price from $35-$75.00 dollars, the $75.00 had a price tag of original price of $185.00. Next time I go, I plan to call my son that plays tennis and have him read off the names and model numbers and do some price checking and comparison online while I shop. But again, next time. For now, I will just sport around my brand "new" duds and wait for the compliments for I can tell everyone where I found my treasures.

The store is located at:
509 West Willow Street
Scottsboro, Alabama 35768.
The phone number is 256-259-1525.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
CSTSaturday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CSTClosed Sundays.
Payment Terms: cash, personal check with valid driver’s license, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards. Gift certificates are available.
Check store or online for return policy.

No comments: