Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thrifty Thursday #131, Plus a Tablescape

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party".

(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.

***
Ever since school got back into session, it seems I have been chasing my shirt tail. Not enough hours in the day it seems. But somehow, I did a little bit of thrifting this week.
I came upon a great little consignment sale of Christmas items. 
Can you believe it's only 100 days until Christmas!
Anyway, check out my finds....

These Three Wise Men... 



They are made from clay, I think? All cream tones.

$6.75, for three wise men?
I'd call that a bargain! ;)


Also came across this vintage style ornament from Dept 56,  for $3.50...


I assume that's Santa's "other vehicle".

And finally:


For $3.oo these 4 hand painted Santa ornaments..
 These Santa's are made from wood.
Classic.
And that is my finds this week....what did you find?


**************************
Tablescape Thursday
Now, onto to Tablescape Thursday, which is hosted by Susan of Between Naps on the Porch.


This week I had a friend over for a quick lunch. I made Sesame Noodle Salad and got some takeout egg rolls....

Just the two of us....
 

And speaking of food.....

What is a tablescape without the food? I invite you to stop by my food blog, PLATES & PLACES, for Foodie Friday!

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog.

I PLEDGE to you to have Friday Flashback going this week. Last week...well, life got in the way. Nothing bad, just life as busy as it is sometimes. Thank you for understanding and being such a friend to me. I always enjoy my friends here at Bloggeritaville.

YOU ARE A BLESSING!!!!!!

I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!
You can always visit me on FACEBOOK,

I love me some friends: be they new friends or old friends!
XOXO
LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH
LEIGH


Thrifty Participants:

7 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Love, love all your Christmas finds! Just great! Thank you for hosting this fun party sweet lady. Hugs, FABBY

Unknown said...

I am a rookie here- I love it!
Thank you for hosting!
Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

j said...

OK, funniest thing I saw in a long time was three men lined up in front of a gingerbread house, with a talk bubble over their head that said, "Darn Mapquest." I found three random wisepersons so that I can do that this year :)

Love ya Leigh!

Coley said...

Thanks so much for hosting!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer's comment above is so funny!

Great finds this week!

Thank you so much for another great party friend!

bee blessed
mary

imriz said...

yip! christmas time already...been looking for thrift christmas stuff, too...hooray for you, leigh :)

Curtains in My Tree said...

Girl
Don't ja love a bargain????


thanks for this party