Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thrifty Thursday #114, Plus a Tabelscape

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.

(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.











I found this framed Pier One Imports Shadow Box at the thrift. The faux tree inside, not my style....but I can appreciate a good shadow box. At the Hobby shop shadow boxes can get pricey. So at a buck thirty eight, Sold! I knew I could do something with the frame.

I deconstructed the box, taking off the back and removing the terracotta pot. In the process I tore the cardboard....but I just turned it over and painted it.  Then I took some shells our family has collected over beach vacations and I hot glued them onto the painted side of the cardboard. After it was dry, I nailed the cardboard back to the shadowbox frame. And voila....



 


A fun way to display our collected shells and a great way to showcase out memories. Everytime I look at it, I rememeber those moments and discoveries with my children.

Tablescape:
How about a Spring Celebration?






 I LOVE a party! And this tablescape does more than suggest a party....it demands one!
All of the table goodies can be found at Harmony Landing in Homewood, Al. 

What is a tablescape without the food? I invite you to stop by my food blog, PLATES & PLACES, tomorrow for Foodie Friday!

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog.
I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!

You can always visit me on FACEBOOK,


I love me some friends: be they new friends or old friends!

XOXO

LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH

LEIGH


Thrifty Thursday Participants:

15 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Great idea to repurpose the shadow box...so pretty! And I love the colorful tablescape! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Christie said...

I am lovin' this bright table setting and all your thrifty finds! Always the best! I am lovin' this song that is playin' too!! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

Screaming Sardine said...

Beautiful tablescape. I especially love the candles in the little gazebo.

Cheers,
Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

thanks so much for hosting this blog party. You make such pretty tablescapes!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love all of the bright summery colors in the table setting. Are those towels acting as napkins?

IMRIZ said...

i agree, those seashells were perfect reminders of great vacations.
i loved your colored candles:)

Curtains in My Tree said...

Your framed shells looks like a Pottery Barn item or maybe Pier One

Miss Merry said...

Your tablesetting SCREAMS spring with those lovely bright and vibrant colors. So cheerful!

Anonymous said...

Festive and fun! I love the lanterns and the bright colors that shout tropical...we are dealing with dreary rainy days here, so this is happier sight!

Scribbler said...

That store in Homewood is a fun place, isn't it? Pretty tabletop.

Sylvia said...

You did an awesome job with the shells and frame, it looks very beachy...hahah and the tablescape I love, love, love. Those colors are vivid, bright and make me feel happy.

Sylvia

Sara B. said...

Thanks for hosting! That is a stunning tablescape. Just linked up my thrift score of the week. :)

Swampgirl said...

I'm late to the party today! I fell asleep before linking up last night in spite of my good intentions. Love the shells in a shadowbox...you know what I'll be looking for in the thrift stores this week! How is etsy going? We have had so much fun on ebay so we are thinking about reviving my etsy store soon,

Heather said...

I love the shadowbox with the seashells, what a great idea.

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

You sure have a knack for creating a fun table! Love the festive colors and your great bargains too! Thanks for hosting. I always enjoy participating in your linky party.
~Lynn