Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome to the Michael and Christies Home Tour!

You might remember last Thanksgiving (and the year before that) was spent at my cousin Michael and Christie's home. Many of you commented on it, even asked to see more. Well, you are welcome! I aim to please.

Christie and Michael were kind enough to allow me to wander all through their home (including closets!), taking pictures and didn't even seem to mind that I was inviting you in to see it as well. They are so nice like that! Allow me to give you the grand tour....

Michael and Christies house sits atop a hill, for a beautiful view. Michael actually built much of the home himself.









I like that the home is a dimentional floor plan.
To me it's the details that really make their home so beautiful. My favorite is the trim work, the stone and the way the home really blends into the surround woods. It's beautiful!









Come on inside. It's getting chilly!
You will see that just inside the front door the walls climb very high, creating a very open and airy space.
I love the stained beams on the ceiling, again it feels like a bit of the outdoors has been brought in.

















The Kitchen
I love the kitchen! The cutom cabinets, the walk in pantry, the copper sink, the chef's faucet over the stove...this kitchen is meant for entertaining!




The Dining Room



























The Loft/Guest Bedroom
Upstairs is the guest bedroom and bath. Come on up the stairs, and be sure to check out the view outside....that is Michael and Christie's son, C.A.'s play area. The loft is a perfect space for guest to relax and enjoy the views, for they have a view from both sides of the home from the space.






















C.A's Boy's Bedroom

This room is the bedroom of their little boy. It is decorated in the theme of golf. The walls are a pale sage green.





























My cousins, Michael & Christies Bedroom
Decorated in blues and browns, their bedroom really is a retreat. From the double french doors, the the furniture and bedding, it's truly calms the senses with it's luxurious feel.



























The Walk in ClosetIt's enough to make most women jealous. Lets look and linger and lust over the walk in closet.




I am having some compter difficulties. I was unable to load pictures of C.A.'s bath and playroom, as well as Michael and Christies bathroom. And I am just hopeful that the format in this is acceptable. I don't know what is going on with my blogger. I hope to be able to share those with you as well at some point. My apologies.

I want to thank my cousins for allowing me to be nosey and expose them to the world. They have a gorgeous home! I am happy that I got to share it with you.

For more pictures of their home, please click over to my Thanksgiving post Here and Here. The outside living space is the best part to me, and it has to be seen.

Thank you for joining me today!

I hope you will join me on Thursday for Thrifty Thursday!

XOXO,
Leigh

12 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

That's definitely an "oh wow!" home.

Unfortunately, some of the pictures don't open.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Leigh. Yeah, I know I'm a little late saying that. It's just been so long since I've visited. Their home is beautiful I adore the backyard. What a wonderful spot to have as a playground.

I'm crazy about your new blog look. It's so cute and so different! Is that you in the lake? I wish it were me.

Hugs...Tracy :)

Mari said...

What a gorgeous home! I love the look of the outside. The inside is so tasteful, yet comfortable. I love the colors too.
Thanks for sharing!

Donnie said...

What a lovely home they have. Your pictures reminded me of the "Roving Reporter" that used to be on TV. Too cute.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh it really is gorgeous. Love the architecture and the setting is fabulous. Beautifully decorated. Hugs, Marty

j said...

Just GORGEOUS! Beautiful home and beautifully decorated.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So pretty! Tell them "Thanks" for sharing their pretty home with us.
Enjoy your day.
Glenda

Abbey's Road said...

Absolute Dream Home! So enjoyed the photos, Leigh!

Wishing you a very Blessed and Joyful 2011.

Abbey ♥

The Regal Pup said...

Gorgeous! Love their son's room - too cute!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Wow! What a gorgeous home...thanks for the tour!

Tina said...

I Love it all, especially the floors! Ask them when I can move in?

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Um...the boy's room is nicer than my master bedroom. And the walk-in closet is bigger than my master bedroom. :-) Lovely home!