Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thrifty Thursday #98 (It's a Tablescape!)

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.

(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.


First of all, I want to welcome our new Thrifty Thursday participants and Tales from Bloggeritaville followers. We have had several comment in the last few weeks, saying that they are new to the Thrifty Thursday party. I hope that everyone will make a point to pay a visit to other participants.

Today I am combining my Thrifty Thursday and Tablescape Thursday. It's a Thrifty Tablescape! This one is a throw back from a trip I made to Mississippi with my dear friend, "Diva"  at the time to do some more cleanup on her mother's home. If you missed the info on the home, it's worth the read. Diva's childhood home is a 200 year old historical home filled with all sorts of history and antiques. It is right up my alley. Diva has been very gracious in giving me a few things from the estate. Special things. And some of these things I am using in my tablescape today. And it's thrfty because it was free, a gift from my friend Diva, dishes from my mom, and a bowl from my cousin.
The tablecloth is a blue and white tablecloth that was hand embroidered by Diva's grandmother. Just look at the time she put into it. It's a piece of art. I should've ironed it, but I ran out of time.




The napkins are actually dish towels. But I used them as a substantial napkin. Covers laps nicely. They were also from Diva's home. They are a blue and white check pattern. They perfectly coordinate with the tablecloth.

The plates are my mothers, as are the glasses.
The centerpiece is a bowl of lemons. Simple. Colorful. The bowl was a gift from my cousin Beckie.

The menu for my simple lunch is
Crazy Chicken Salad served on croissant rolls
Fruit salad
Chips
Mint Sweet Tea
and Key Lime Pie
And this, my friends, is my Thrifty Tablescape.

Can you believe we have had #98 Thrifty Thursday post???
I am planning a little something special for #100. Stay tuned!

I invite you to join me tomorrow at Plates and Places for Foodie Friday.

Thank you for dropping my Bloggeritaville today! I have throughly enjoyed you visit. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog. Please leave a comment after linking. I love to hear from you.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!

Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!
HUGS! Hope to see you tomorrow, but not before you leave some "roadmap" love!

Thrifty Participants:

17 comments:

Courtney said...

That hand embroidered tablecloth is amazing!! Have a great day and thanks for hosting!

Savannah Granny said...

Love the blue and white tablescape. The tablecloth is indeed a work of art. Such a treasure. Hugs, Ginger

Lindy said...

Thanks a lot for hosting!!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your tablecloth is stunning. What a treasure. I love your tablescape and mixing in the yellow lemons is perfect. Thanks for hosting such a fun party. Hugs, Marty

Honey at 2805 said...

Your tablesetting is so pretty! Thanks for being a gracious hostess. Hope to join you often.

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Love the blue & white also! Thanks for hosting.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Beautiful blues -- my favorite color!

4thelove! said...

oh, the trips to MS...good times..good times.... I should have joined this week with my little magazine find..does that count for the Thursday finds? "love"!! -hm

Christie said...

Those lemons with that blue and white...so goodlookin'!!! thanks for hosting!

Chandy said...

Hi Leigh, I love those blues! I was just admiring some @ Marshall's today. Great tablescape, too!

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

hiya!

Sorry about how that turned out!
The linky thing was not working properly and the link did not show up.... only to find when it DID work finally that it was my 6th trial and they ALL showed up!!

Rose

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Love, love, LOVE your vintage table cloth!


Kendra aka "Dometic Princess in Training"

Betty said...

That tablecloth is an absolute treasure. Thanks again for hosting the party.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You know I love the blue and white together and yellow is the perfect color to use with them. The menu sounds so good.
Thanks for hosting again this week.
Glenda

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I'm back, baby...oh yes I am. :-) And I can't WAIT to get home from work tonight to have a look at everyone's thrifty treasures. I miss this whole blogging thing!!

I love your tablecloth...such incredible detail. I have a tablecloth that my grandma cross stitched...and I'm terrified to use it! (re: If it's something that stains, I'll be the one the spill in!)

Hope your 2011 is off to a wonderful start!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty tablescape and I love the tablecloth. Wow - you're almost to 100! Congrats. I don't join very often but I hit the jackpot today so was feelin' your party! lol :)Nancy

Cindy said...

Hello. I found you via BNOTP Tablescape Thursday. I love the embroidered tablecloth. There's nothing I love more than finding beautiful embroidered things at sales and bringing them home with me. I also love your Thrifty Thursday. I'll be back to visit again for sure.