Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thrifty Thursday #92, Plus a Tablescape

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.
(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.


*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.



Can you believe we are into December now? Time sure flies! For the month of December, I want to challenge you all to month of Thrifty Thursday Christmas themed ideas. If you draw a blank, join in with what you have....but I know you are up for the challenge!
My Thrifty Thursday today is another Pottery Barn inspiration. In the latest Pottery Barn catalog, I spied this gorgeous glass canister vase:


Gorgeous!
But when I spied the price....It was not in my budget or reason to pay that price for a glass vase.



I was actually in one of my favorite antique stores, Consigning Interiors in Pelham to pay a visit to my all time favorite booth, Elizabeth Ann's (it's directly in the center back of the store, from the register). I had been looking for some metal letters for my stockings....but that's another story for later. Anyway, Elizabeth Ann had sent me an email letting me know that she had the letters I needed. Well guess what...the delightful and extremely talented Elizabeth Ann was in the store! I finally got to meet her. I was thrilled. I just want to be as creative as her! She is just a doll, even more adorable in person. And she had my letters.

And I also spied something in her booth I had to have.





A canister vase, almost identical to the large one in the Pottery Barn magazine.
I snatched it up, took it home and have been playing with it all day, putting different treasures inside.
A bird and a feathered white owl....

Glass ball ornaments:



And I am still trying to decide what I want to feature.

And Elizabeth Ann, as sweet as she is also had a treat of goodies waiting for me....


I love the "B'"'s...I have the hardest time finding B's. Everyone must be a "B".

And the little flashcard, it's French?english flash cards...it means, "Surprise". Adorable!

Thanks Elizabeth Ann, for the generous goodies...and the enjoyable conversation!

And I am thrilled about the glass vase! Love it!
And now for my tablescape, This is one from one of my favorite stores....At Home in Homewood:



Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday.

Join me tomorrow at Plates and Places for Foodie Friday.

Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog. Please leave a comment after linking. I love to hear from you.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!
Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!

HUGS! Hope to see you tomorrow, but not before you leave some "roadmap" love!

Thrifty Participants:

19 comments:

Lynn said...

Your new jar is beautiful, and I'm lovin' your header:@)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I really like the one with the feathers and owl.
Thanks for hosting again this week.

Marti said...

I love how your family celebrates Thanksgiving. What a great tradition! I just had to read your post aloud to my Hubby so he can be envious too.

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I love your jar of ornaments. I saw a similar jar at TJMaxx....it's beautiful. I will have to go back to see if it's still there! Thanks for hosting!

Quiltpiecer said...

What a beautiful glass jar! I'll have to keep an eye out for one. Thanks for hosting ... I do so enjoy reading everyone's entries!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Ohh, the possibilities! I'm sure you'll come up with many fabulous looks for that apothecary, Leigh.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Thanks for hosting. Love this blog party.

Regina said...

Love your blog and am a new follower. So nice to find a fellow GRITS in blogland. (Foley resident)

Love the glass jar...so many ideas bouncing around. Love the owl!!

Thank you for hosting this wonderful party. I love to share and also love to find others that share.

Hugs,
Regi

Barbara Jean said...

Leigh,
Thanks for hosting. I'm seeing some great ideas here.

blessings

barbara jean

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Leigh...

Ohhh...I love, love, LOVE your apothecary jar, my friend! You know...it's much...much prettier than the PB jars! The shape of the lid is sooo pretty! Love how the nest and owl looks but my favorite is the ornaments! It just looks soo elegant! I'm sooo happy for you, Darlin'! You got a great buy on it! Love all of your little unique letters too! Thank you for sharing all of your pretties with us...and thank you so much for hosting Thrifty Thursday! I really enjoyed participating this week!

Warmest Christmas wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Love it when you can get a great look for a great price love the glass. I also love how you have decorated your blog very nice for Christmas. Like the tree in the photo.

Patti's Artful Design said...

You have to love those apothecary jars. They are so-o versatile! Became a follower and joined your linky! Happy Holidays, Leigh!

Unknown said...

Thanks for having a great blog!

Anonymous said...

I love container decorating! Except the poor little owl containment...:) -HM

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Leigh!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh. I hope you're well. I haven't linked to any parties for a while. While at my sister's home I decided that I would take pictures of her home as she is a collector of EVERYTHING -- some thrifty and some not so thrifty. I hope you enjoy the post! Thank you for hosting!

Swampgirl said...

Boy, am I late to the party!! I sure will have a great time tonight in my pj's with some hot chocolate getting to look at all these cute ideas! Love your jar- you will love changing out the scene over the whole year. I really like the feathers and that would foil the evil cat at my house who loves to steal my feathers! Merry Christmas!

Betty said...

Thanks for hosting again. I really like your new header and I confess I usually turn off the music, but am loving the Christmas cheer. That's a great glass jar.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous glass, better than the catalog version.

Try finding "V"
even harder than X or Z
and there are a lot of last names starting with van or von but designers make less of the V

however I may borrow your letter ideas