Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thrifty Thursday and a Tablescape

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.
(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.


*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.



Last week I was in Mexico. I had intentions of sharing much of my cruise with you this week, however Picasa has been giving me fits in uploading. Or perhaps it is blogger in approvaing it, so it will have to wait.  I cannot wait to share, because I have so much that I want to share with you, so much I learned...and the beauty of God's earth, I just often am left in such awe, this trip was no differnt. So, please be patient with me as I try to get photos loaded. How do you load photos? I used to use blogger, but could only load four at a time and it took forever. I now use picasa, which is still four at a time, but much faster...when I can get through.


Now for thrifty Thrusday....

Today my Thirfty Thursday is fall decor. I have been playing catch up , visiting blogs and am so impressed with the fall decor that is already going up!  It's the blog's out there that give me such inspiration! I have also been pouring through the newest decor magazines. Just look at these idea's and photographs below all from Better Homes and Gardens...

Both sophisticated and country, this white pumpkin has been elevated to designer status with a swoosh of black paint and a unique footed cake stand.
Forget about fancy faces and pumpkin patterns. Instead, go for a graphic look with easy-to-create drilled holes. Find out how to make it in this link.Tips for Drilling Pumpkins
And who doesn't love simplicity? Grab a few seasonal squash and garnish with a few flower heads and dried or artificial seed pods and lightly arrange on a narrow tray for a unstaged look. How easy!
 And for someone who is like me...who cannot figureout the best arrangement for their home furnishings. Surely I am not alone? Ok, so I am...I have seen your blogs! You know what to do, but for someone who needs help, I love this new site-Visit B&G new Decorating virtual Showroom



And now for my Tablescape Thursday!!!




















Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday.
I am also linking today to Linda's Coastal Charm.
Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog. Please leave a comment after linking. I love to hear from you.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!
Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!

HUGS! Hope to see you tomorrow, but not before you leave some "roadmap" love!

Thrifty Participants:

13 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for hosting again this week. Enjoyed seeing your inspiration pictures. I need to take the time to take pics. of what little I have done so far this year. Sound like you had a great trip.

Erin A said...

Thanks for hosting such a great party every week Leigh!! I love all of those pumpkin ideas, thanks for sharing!!

Erin

The Charm of Home said...

Pretty pumpkins! Love these ideas.
Sherry

Dawn said...

Hi Leigh! Sorry I haven't been by lately. It seems like ever since we got netflix and found we could get movies right to the computer I never get a chance to get on here!

I bet Mexico was great! I just started using the new blogger editor and photos are giving me fits. My computer keeps shutting blogger down. I read some techie mumbo jumbo but still have to figure it out. For now I've found if I try it 3 or 4 times in a row it will finally work!

Hope all has been well, I'm off to read some older posts to catch up!
Hugs,
Dawn

susan said...

Leigh-It's been too long since I visited! I love the geometric look on the pumpkins and it is "do-able" for those of us who are craft-challenged--no right or wrong :)Love your dishes and their beautiful simplicity!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

THanks for hosting this blog party.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! I'm excited to link up this week! I love the drilled pumpkins with the bittersweet. I have always wanted to do that. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jessica said...

Thanks for your linky! I LOVE those drilled pumpkins- beautiful!! :)

Jessica

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your trip sounds like a ton of fun. Love your pretty decor and the pumpkins are wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

I am going to try some drilled pumpkins for our Thanksgiving table this year. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I am going to try some drilled pumpkins for our Thanksgiving table this year. Thanks

Kelli@Restore Interiors said...

Im new at the linky party thing! My blog is two days old so I appreciate you veterans doing these things to teach me something!
I also just realized you live in Helena! I live in Bluff Park but I used to live in Old Cahaba over there. LOVED Helena and miss it a lot! Thanks again for the party! I love your blog and the music is GREAT!

Nanette said...

Hi Leigh,
Your white pumpkin is really pretty. I also like the idea of the ease of the drilled pumpkins. Great idea.
Valerie