Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thrifty Thursday #81, plus a Tablescape

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.
(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.


*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.



Today my Thirfty Thursday is my Tablescape!!!

I recently photographed a wedding with my photograher friend, Charnita. It was a real blessing to do it because I feel as though that I came away with some new friends. These beautiful people.



And guess what...these beautiful people also have great taste! Lucky for me!
They had a yard sale recently, so I dropped by and walked away with some wonderful "loot", which included my "new" dishes.



The dishes look like poppies and are in solid white.



They are made by Mikasa and are called "Flower Basket White". So charming!



I should've shown you the mugs and bowls too, but the plates-the salad plates and the little "show stoppers" to me. The large plates, cereal bowls, serving bowls, mugs and creamer and sugar all feature the weave pattern like the dinner plate. I got a set of 8 for $15.00 the set inluded all of that I mentioned above. Worth every penny. And I am quite certain it may just be one of my favorite yard sale purchases.

Speaking of yard sales and thriftness...lets take a look around the rest of the table...



The stacked rocks....you might recall. I picked up a trunk load here....for free.

The rocks inside the hurricane globes didn't come from pottery barn....no they came from the Dollar Tree. That's 3 bags between the two vases. The larger globe is sitting on a wooden stand I found at the thrift for 98 cents. The birds, tablescapers will recall, are from Target.



The very nice bottle of wine was a gift from my dear friend, "High Mae". She turned 40 last November and went to Nappa Valley and returned with this thoughtful delight. We are waiting for the perfect occassion of celebration to open it! The silver cup it is sitting in, another thift find for $1.88.





I also found the scalloped candle holders at the thrift. I got four for 99 cents. The mercury glass candle holder (small) I found at my favorite store, AT HOME in Homewood. They were less than three bucks each. I purchased three. I just love the look of mercury glass, so vintage. I use it year round.



Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday.
I am also linking today to Linda's Coastal Charm.
Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog. Please leave a comment after linking. I love to hear from you.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!
Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!

HUGS! Hope to see you tomorrow, but not before you leave some "roadmap" love!

Thrifty Participants:

23 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the rocks from the Dollar store...when you wash them they turn into such pretty colors!

Love your table and your sweet new dishes! Beautiful! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh! OH, you do take the most wonderful photos! And...I love your gorgeous new dishes! I've never seen any like these before. Now you've set your table very beautifully! I love candles too. Now what kind of delicious foods did you place in those pretty dishes! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Laurie in SC said...

Leigh, thanks as always for hosting the party! Your table is so very lovely - thanks for sharing it with us!

Dawn said...

I love the simplicity and the rocks, gives it a very zen feeling. Hope all is well on your side of the country.
Hugs,
Dawn

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Wow! They just got married and have already had a yard sale. How lucky for you. Great deal.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Signing Out said...

Your tablescape is so lovely. Love those dishes!

Elizabeth Ann said...

Hi Leigh,
I'm finally posting on Thrifty Thursday. I also wanted to tell you I love the music on your blog. Many times I will put your blog in the background, after reading it of course, then move on to others. That way I can listen to your music. Except when they have music! I just mute it and keep listening to yours. Still hoping to run into you at CI.

Joyfully,
Elizabeth Ann

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I do like your new dishes and table setting!
I am really not doing well on my posting this week. More interested in getting that "Mom - Contractions 3 mins. apart and in a pattern, on the way to the hospital" call. :D
Thanks for hosting again this week.

Justabeachkat said...

Beautiful couple! Love your new dishes (what a deal you got!) and your table looks beautiful.

Hugs,
Kat

Leanne said...

Those dishes are beautiful. Thanks for hosting again.

L Simonson said...

Thanks for hosting each week :)

~Lori @ Paisley Passions
Join my Linky Party Thrilling Thursdays
Come enter my Giveaway!

Barbara Jean said...

Thanks for hosting Leigh.

Gorgeous table!!

blessings
barbara jean

Unknown said...

Thanks for HOsting this party! I'm new and can't wait to look around some more! :) I love the table scape! My table is empty right now ... need to work on that. Thanks for the ideas!

Check out my blog http://diaryofapreppymom.blogspot.com - There are lots of thrifty finds and diy projects!

Unknown said...

Thanks for HOsting this party! I'm new and can't wait to look around some more! :) I love the table scape! My table is empty right now ... need to work on that. Thanks for the ideas!

Check out my blog http://diaryofapreppymom.blogspot.com - There are lots of thrifty finds and diy projects!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Leigh those dishes are fabulous! What a deal. Your table is gorgeous!

the cape on the corner said...

i have a hurricane set up just like that in my bathroom. i really like this understated tablescape, just so relaxing and real. thanks for hosting! i linked up my mega free haul from a church who was giving away whatever didn't sell from their yard sales. total score for me!

Cindy said...

Just stumbled onto your blog from SueMac... and I am totally poaching your line "Indecision may or may not be my problem." Love it!

And what a beautiful tablescape!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very beautiful tablescape ! Great find on those wonderful dishes !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Michaela said...

The dishes are wonderful! I'm your newest follower and just saw that you've met Marlee Matlin! That's so fun. I took sign language in high school because my aunt was deaf, so she's a huge inspiration! Anyways, hope you have a great Thursday!

XO Michaela

Entertaining Women said...

The Mikasa dishes are beautiful. My mind is spinning with ideas for ways to utilize them in tablescapes. I'm impressed with your thrifty finds...I want to go shopping with YOU! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

4thelove! said...

love this post! the dining is so neat! How do you always find the best stuff!!!! -HM

Barbara said...

I love your new dishes! So pretty and versatile. Lovely table.

Nanette said...

Hi Leigh,
I am new to your Thrifty Thursdays. Thank you so much for hosting! I love your new dishes, very pretty in the pure white and a very good deal!
Valerie