Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thrifty Thursday #76 + a Tablescape!

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.

(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.












For today's Thrifty Thursday, I wanted to share with you this very thrifty bedroom full of ideas and possibilites:

























I love the use of feedsacks for pillow cases.
And check out the artwork...old wood, created into flag artwork:

















I see those metals stars in so many antique stores and really, all over. I love that idea...for this boys bedroom...or a outdoor living space. Really...anywhere!




And now onto my Tablescape:


 Hosted by Susan of Between Naps on the Porch.




































































I think we ALL need to begin our day with a big cup of wisdom!
And to whipe our faces with joy!
Don't you?

(plates, placemats, glassware and napkins can be found at AT HOME in Homewood, Alabama)
Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday.
I am also linking today to Linda's Coastal Charm.

Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog. Please leave a comment after linking. I love to hear from you.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!

Also, Foodie Friday tomorrow on my recipe blog, Plates and Places.
Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!

HUGS! Hope to see you tomorrow, but not before you leave some "roadmap" love!
Thrifty Participants:

25 comments:

Lynn said...

What a nice setting! I think I need a bigger mug though!!!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I looooooooooooove that tablescape! Rustic yet warm....it's perfect!

Mari said...

Nice bedroom!

Leanne said...

Cute bedroom. I love the flags made from old wood. Thanks for hsoting again.

Mel said...

Thanks for the party Leigh. As always, some terrific ideas.

Jane said...

Hi Leigh,
What wonderful inspiration from the bedroom pictures you posted. I love the flag. Gotta get my hands on some old wood!
Happy TT
Jane

DogsMom said...

Wow- you have the post up early. Have a big night planned?
I tried to do a Tablescape this week - nope, not my style.
But I will have a Thursday thrifted post to join in with tomorrow morning.

the cape on the corner said...

love your tablescape-it's so low key and that's refreshing sometimes, you know? very coffee house looking, to me, and i don't even know what that means! i guess low key, hip, and relaxing. it's a good thing!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Yes - A big cup of wisdom is a good way to start a day! Thanks for hosting again this week.
Hope you are staying cool.

Swampgirl said...

Happy Birthday Friend!!! It has been quite I few years since I passed that milestone, but, the years since 40 have been the best years of my life!

xinex said...

Love the pillows and the flags, Leigh. Great boy's room. Your tablescape is pretty. I like the dishes with the nice words....Christine

Keetha Broyles said...

Leigh, I just LOVE that loft/bed combo. It is too darling. Did someone build it?

Barbara Jean said...

Leigh,
Love those wood flags!!

Thanks for hosting!
blessings

barbara jean

Entertaining Women said...

The encouraging words dinnerware is wonderful, and I really like the wood slats flag artwork. Thank you for sharing your charming finds. Cherry Kay

Entertaining Women said...

The encouraging words dinnerware is wonderful, and I really like the wood slats flag artwork. Thank you for sharing your charming finds. Cherry Kay

Anonymous said...

Your table setting is perfect. How clever you are. Thank you for hosting the party!

Rachel said...

I love the dinnerware! I would give anyting for a teeny tiny little sip of WiSdoM! Very clever! What you wrote about it, put a smile on my face!
Thanks for sharing!
Rachel

Rachel said...

I love the dinnerware! I would give anyting for a teeny tiny little sip of WiSdoM! Very clever! What you wrote about it, put a smile on my face!
Thanks for sharing!
Rachel

Ami Allison said...

I love the wood flags too! I would love to do that and make a Texas flag. I'm a Texas girl living in the deserts of Arizona. :(

I love your Foodie Fridays and was inspired to start me own recipe day. It's TODAY!!! I've named it Terrifically Tasteful Thursday! I posted my hubby's birthday Rocky Road cupcakes on here!!

Thanks for hosting! :)

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

Love your tablescape!

Donna

Barbara said...

I just love dish related things with words on them. These really make me smile, especially the napkin holders! I love the simplicity of this table. It feels so warm and welcoming.

Lulu said...

Wisdom and joy.....what I hope for each day and how nice to be reminded early in the morning.

Justabeachkat said...

Love love love the dinnerware!

Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs,
Kat

Marigene said...

Fabulous pottery dishes!

j said...

I like the lighting under the bunk bed. I've never seen that done before and it looks really cool!