Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thrifty Recap, Recipes and a Puter Question.....

I thought I would share a few fab post from Thrifty Thursday linky yesterday, these are worth a second look..

Cindy of Applestone Cottage had the place I'd like to be....one her front porch! She made her own charming little pillows and tablecloth from thrifty priced material and her tablescape.....check it out. It only looks expensive, it too is budget. Which means you, Cindy,  get an A++++! Cottage Chic on a budget. Cindy, you make thrifty charming.

















Ironstone, a primitive Bucket, cookbooks, etc. 1.00 each? See for yourself at Shirley's World.

Marvelously Messy had a steal of a deal with this $9.00 jelly cabinet. She gave it love to make it look so fabulous. Check it out , the before and after on her blog.

I think this was my very  favorite, though I hate to say that. I love you all, it's like telling your children you like one more than the other. But one week one child may go above and beyond and you gotta tell them how much it means to you. Well Brambleberry Cottage was that child. I am in love with her!
She took old chippy wooden pieces from a Victorian home and created the most precious keepsake boxes. But she didn't stop there, she took any scraps from that project and created this mirror using the scraps in the sash. GOLD STAR of the week!






















I also hope that you will go by Brambleberry Cottage Blog, Liz is a new blogger, she began her blog in January of this year. I emailed her conversed with her yesterday about the wonderful spirit and kinship, fellowship of bloggers...speaking from the realm of blogs relating. Those that visit me and those that I visit. I think we all kind of go in the same circles. It really is a "sisterhood" of women who are so supportive of one another and I think it so unique that so many have forged friendships with strangers via the Internet. A situation that would not happen otherwise for we do have good sense. I feel blessed to have each of you come by my blog and leave comments. It means so much to me and I think you for that.
I hope you will do the same for Liz. And I have to give Liz props, for a newbie she has really jumped in with both feet, she has a linky party coming up on June 7th called Ask the Yankee as well as her Time Travel Thursday and Tips and Tricks Tuesday  linky . She doesn't mess around! I like that. So, please won't you swing by and say hello, tell her you are there by way of Bloggeritaville.


Alright, need advice...Is it just me or are there issues with uploading pictures? Now mine takes forever to load pics, unless I upload direct from Picasa and then can only load three at a time. When I try and upload through blogger I am given a choice to upload via blogger, Picasa web albums not mine on the computer but what is saved through blogs) and by URL. I want to upload as I have in the past, via folders where I store pics on my computer. How can I do this? Or...how can I delete pics from Web Albums so it will not take infinity to load? Or will that delete pics from my blog? I need someones advice here. Hope you can help!

***UPDATE!!!! Calamity Anne gave me come advice in comments that fixed my problem. My sincere thanks!!!!!*****

If you didn't get a chance to visit Thrifty Thursday participants yesterday, I highly recommend you do!!!! We had some great contributors, so please stop by and say hello.

And over at my recipe blog, Plates and Places I am cooking up a delicious helping of Angel Hair with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil or as they say in Italy....Capelli d`Angelo con Pomodorini e Basilico. Its a wonderful and light dish, perfect for summer....and most likely you have all the ingredients in your pantry and summer garden. So, stop by won't you, and get some suppertime decisions made.
















I am off now to the pearly white beaches of Inlet Beach, hope your weekend is exciting and fun....and safe!
HUGS my sweet Bloggeritaville Friends!
XXOO's,
Leigh

PS My sincere thanks to  Laurie of Scene of the Grime for the  Simply Southern Blog Award! You can go here to read about it: http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com/2010/06/guest-blogger-copper-cutie.html

10 comments:

Laurie in SC said...

Hi Leigh! Scene of the Grime just gave you the Simply Southern Blog Award! You can go here to read about it:
http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com/2010/06/guest-blogger-copper-cutie.html
Thanks for all you do! Feel free to pass the award along to other wonderful Southern blogs you like!
♥Laurie at Scene of the Grime

Anne said...

I just did a post yesterday called "Angry Blogger" complaining about the same problem. What I ended up doing was going into Settings, then almost to the bottom is Select Post Editor; I clicked on Old Editor, then Save Settings. Actually I did this about 3 times before Blogger got it right. After that my photos uploaded with no problem. I did change it back to Updated Editor when all was said and done. Today uploading photos went very quickly. I hope this helps...and good luck! Here's my rant if you'd like to read it...

http://www.calamityanne.com/2010/06/angry-blogger.html

j said...

Oh geez, I am NOT the one to ask about computer problems. Sorry!

I love the recap pics. The mirror is fabulous!!!!!!

Allie and Pattie said...

It's a good thing someone else was able to help because I didn't even understand the question!! I'm such a techno dummy- when there's a problem, I holler for one of my kids. I LOVE that mirror!
xoxo Pattie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Thanks Leigh for including me in your recap!
And thanks for being our hostess with the mostess!
Have a great weekend,
Cindy

Diane said...

Enjoyed my visit. I'm signing up as a follower :o)

I came here via Scene of the Grime. Come by and visit me sometimes over at Pittypat Paperie.

Simple Daisy said...

Yes...Yes..
I agree...uploading is always a pain:(
What was the advice you were given! I'd love to learn a quicker way!

Unknown said...

Great blog! I'm with Allie and Pattie, had no idea what you were asking! Thank goodness for my kids who can fix all that computer stuff for me!!

Justabeachkat said...

Yum...the past recipe sounds wonderful.

Have fun on your beach trip...you won't be too far from me. Let's pray the oil stays away.

Hugs!
Kat

Kristin - The Goat said...

I can get my photos to load into blogger but I'm having my own issues - I think it's related to either my modem or my router.

Ahh yes, being a blogger and connecting with other bloggers - I've seen it happen! Well, who am i kidding... I try to meet up with bloggers as often as possible!

Kristin - The Goat