Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thrifty Thursday # 51, plus a Tablescape

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.

(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.











Today is a two-fer. My Thrifty Thursday is also my Tablescape Thursday.
















I made a visit early this week to my local thrift store. It's always funny to me how some weeks you might have a run on plates and dishes. And then others I might score on designer label clothes. This week it was dishes!

Please ignore the tablecloth that I should've ironed.

Here is a look at my Thrifty Tablescape:















The Breakdown:
Antique Table Linen: free, gift
Lantern: Free. I won it playing ladies bunko.
The stand the lantern is sitting on-Thrift Store 99 cents
Candles: Glade. I took Glade lables off and then took old Sheet music and wraped, cut, taped and then added a piece of jute to the middle.

Plates-all plates thrift Store purchases this week:
Mikasa Maxima (swirl pattern) $1.99 each, I purchased 6 lrg plates
Homer Laughlin scalloped plates$1.42 each. I purchased 6 medium sized "salad" plates
Johnson Bros, Richmond design ("crest" shape on five sides) $1.99 each, I purchased 6 lrg plates
Johnson Bros, Richmond design saucers 8 @ 59 cents
The glasses-Sadly enough. I have ahd forever. I cannot recall where they came from. Macy's?
The flatware is Oneida- wedding gifts


What is a tablescape without the food? I invite you to stop by my food blog, PLATES & PLACES, tomorrow for Foodie Friday!

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog.
I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!

Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!

Thrifty Thursday Participants:

32 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I'm joining TT again this week...thanks for hosting! Love that lantern! I enjoyed reading about your vacation with your girlfriends this past week...patti

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Leigh,
I love your good deals and pretty dishes! I am glad to be back over here, I have a thrifty table too! Thanks for hostessing, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh! What a pretty table. I think I'm jealous - you got all those pretty dishes! Love 'em.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marla said...

Girl, where is this Thrift store? I love all the white dishes. Thanks for hosting. Hugs, Marla

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I am liking the lantern a lot! Cute idea to wrap the candles with the music sheets. And....great find on the white embossed dishes. I found a couple plates similar not too long ago at the Goodwill...wish they would have had more..but I keep looking!

Swampgirl said...

You can't ever go wrong with some white dishes! I am particularly in love with Johnson Brothers! And I am totally going to steal the Glade candle idea!

Debbiedoos said...

I have been into white dishes myself these days...I love them because they go with everything, Nice Job!!~

Gwen said...

I LURV those plates, especially the Johnson Brothers ones.

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

This is my first time participating - thanks so much for hosting the party!

Marigene said...

I love the white on white. Thanks for sharing.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

I'm loving all of your white dishes! So pretty!

Dawn said...

Hi Leigh, I made it! Beautiful dishes you found. What is it about the scrolly patterns that drive us all wild? The lantern and plates are literally making my palms sweat! I think its a completely feminine reaction to all the masculine, modern, sterile, hard lines of the electronics that fill our lives. If Gates was a woman our computer screens would be round or oval and come in much softer colors!Hugs,
Dawn

Cindy said...

You sure scored with all those white dishes. I'm pretty well convinced to start collecting white plates. I love have all the different designs look together!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Oh Leigh!.....SCORE!!!

all those plates are absolutley awesome!! I would have snatched them up myself!

Allie and Pattie said...

Wonderful! I love an all white tablescape and you did it so inexpensively. Bravo!
xoxo Pattie

Julie said...

Leigh,
I love love the white dishes. The rims are just beautiful. Love the delicate work on them. Thanks for a very pretty and THRIFTY post.
Enjoyed my visit.

j said...

I love the tablescape! Your centerpiece is beautiful - yay for Bunko skills :)

I had planned to participate this week but it isn't working out. I'll share my recent finds next week.

Hugs ya!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hey sweet lady...

Wow...love all of your great thrifty treasure finds this week, my friend! My favorite is the Johnson Bros. Richmond plates!!! Ohhhh...love that frenchy design on the rims! I have never seen that pretty pattern before. I had to go and see if Ebay had any...they did...and they were expensive! You got a great deal on those! I will be keeping my eye out for some!!! Thank you so much for sharing your great dish finds with us today! They make for a gorgeous tablescape!!!

Also...thank you so much for hosting Thrifty Thursday again this week!!! I sure have been enjoying sharing a few of my thrifty finds!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Unknown said...

Love the lantern.

Candy said...

Don't ya love those deals that we just can't wait to snatch up! Makes for one great tablescape...now what's for dinner?
Having fun on TT ;-)

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Your table is so pretty! I have not had anything to share on Thursdays for a while, but you'll be seeing a lot of me when yard sale season comes up again!

Sarah said...

What a fun idea to mix all the different white plates. you certainly found some bargains.

Low Tide High Style said...

Leigh, your white on white table is really lovely! There is just something about an all white table that looks so elegant!

Kat :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I am late arriving, but I made it! :-) You got some great deals - really like the lantern.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Leigh, what a cute idea to fix the Glade candles that way! Love it.

Love the plates, too -- you have some of my favorite manufacturers there; Johnson Bros and Homer Laughlin. Beautiful dishes!

Thanks!
Cass

4thelove! said...

um...WOW.....and damnit...I never find that when I go! I feel a Road trip down the road coming on......

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

I love those dishes! Just found your blog today while blog hopping!
I don't know if I did the linky thing right, I've never done one of these before. I tried posting a link to my thrifty Rose Petal Tutu I made yesterday. It's $30 at Land of Nod but made mine for a little over $6!
http://candacecreations.blogspot.com/2010/02/rose-petal-tutu-tutorial-land-of-nod.html

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

The white on white is perfect for our snowy weather this week! Very pretty table you've set.

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

Love your Valentine table. Thanks for sharing. Lia

Anonymous said...

Loving Mikasa and the whity and vintag-y looks is so pretty.

{oc cottage} said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, those plates!

m ^..^

j said...

Leigh, OMGOSH! Almost SEVENTY participants! Honey, I am so proud of what you have done with Thrifty Thursday. Dooce who? Pioneer Woman what? Leigh of Bloggeritaville... heck yeah!

HUGS!!!