Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend Reads: The Pioneer Woman Cooks & Blogging for Bliss

I was downright gleeful when I saw the package on my porch! Inside was my ticket to my weekend festivities. And boy, did I enjoy it. My books arrived! And all I had intentions of doing was to put my feet up, light some candles and dive right in......





















Ree Drummond, the Poineer Woman. Love Ree. Want to be her BFF. Want to sit on the front porch of her farm house and watch the sun go down as the trailing light silouettes the marlboro man in the distance herding the cattle in. I want to sit in her kitchen and eat one of her homemade meals. One that might include her olive and cheese bread. Or her lasagne. Or real smashed potatoes. And pico de gallo....
But because I am still waiting on a personal invite from Ree (Ree, I am being so patient.) I can live vicariously through her newly published cookbook, "The Pioneer Woman Cooks, Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl." Ree began blogging in 2006 and has built the Pioneer Woman website into an award wining websire in which she shares recipes, and photography. She shares in funny detail about her transition from city life to farm wife.

















It's not only a cookbook, its a picture book. One that will draw you in and convince you that manure and dirt are the good things in life. It chronicals ranch life, Ree's beautiful family, her adorable pooches and livestock and of course gives you photos of her meals so lifelike that you can smell the dishes she prepares. I LOVE this book. It's found a permanet resting spot on my counter in the cookbook cradle. And hello.....if there was ever a gift idea I would throw, it's this book. It's a must have for any kitchen-whether you can cook or not, like I said, a girl can dream.

















Blogging for Bliss, which is penned by a very popular blogger, Tara Frey, of Typing out Loud.  There are so many great blogs out there,  literally for just about any subject. Tara mostly focuses on the type blogs that I frequent: personal, home decor, food and creative ideas. In the book she shares so many great tips. Wheather you are new to blogging or not, this is a good book to read. Inside the book, new bloggers will find a wealth of information rfom where to start to blogging terms and will walk you through blog set up. One of my must read blogs is Kim of Daisy Cottage fame. Kim's blog, Daisy Cottage is featured in the book, along with many other noteworthy blogs. If you haven't visiited Daisy Cottage before, I suggest you do. You are certain to feel at home at Daisy Cottage with Kim and her puppy Maggie as your host. I love the feature of having noteable blogs with their blog addresses. I highly recomended Blogging for Bliss!
After a weekend of good reading as well as some good rest...













Bring on the week! Hope you have a wonderful one ahead!
Sing, Dance, and LIVE out loud!
Hugs!
Leigh
PS- I did get a few other things done too...
Gingras Family
Sister Sledge
RTR!!!

11 comments:

Becky said...

Can't wait to meet her tomorrow night!!! I'll post a picture (hopefully)!!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love her blog! I check it everyday for new posts.
Have a great week.
Glenda

Mari said...

I love Ree too. Her photos are awesome and then there is her food - it's all good!
Your photo shoots turned out great!

KBeau said...

My SIL is going to see Ree in Little Rock today. Thanks for the heads up on Blogging Bliss. I'll have to check it out.

Kristin - The Goat said...

So far Ree has not posted a book signing in a town near me, but I was sure that you were going to say that you met her. I was prepared to be very jealous! But after reading a couple of the comments, I see that others are going to meet with her --ooooh, how fun!! I'll live vicariously through them lol

There is no question that I'm getting the cookbook, but thanks for mentioning the other book - I'll have to check into that one as well!

Have a great week!
Kristin - The Goat

Imagery by Kimberly said...

((((Leigh))))
You are SO sweet!

I love Ree too... I've made her Thanksgiving turkey before - so delicious! I can't wait to get her cookbook.

Hope you are having a great day - thanks for making mine!!!
xo,
Kim

Gwen said...

I have both of these books on my wish list. You lucky dog, you got them before me!

Old Time Cindy said...

Don't know Ree...I'll go check her out. Thanks!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Maggie said...

I just read a magazine article about Ree, she certainly has great recipes & a great outlook on life.
Maggie

JennV said...

Ok, now I've GOT to get that cookbook! Finally something worthwhile I can add to my Wish List! OH... You DID See that she's gonna be in HotLanta on Dec. 7th? We will expect a Full Report Mz. Leigh! :)

Hugs!
Jenn

Justabeachkat said...

Hi sweet friend!

I can.not.believe how many posts I've missed! But...I've had fun reading them all this morning. I used to be able to keep up with my blogging and would read every single one of my friends posts ever day. What happened? I've added too many blog friends to my favorites lists (and it keeps growing) and my life stays crazy busy, which isn't a bad thing. Anyway...you are not forgotten.

Hugs!
Kat