Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thrifty Thursday #42 + a Tablescape

Hi! It's Thrifty Thursday! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.
(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)
*If you do not know what Thrifty Thursday is or need more info on Thrifty Thursday you can go here.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.






What'dya think of my "new" table? It's actually made from an old window that my mom found in the barn. I loved the paint-very chippy. And I also loved the original hardware so I kept it to use as a knob.

We built a wood box around the window, much like a shadow box or display case. Then, we purchased some legs from the hardware store and screwed them onto the box.I still need to apply paint to the legs and make it look "worn" like the table top, But I couldn't wait. I just had to share!

And there you have it....a side end table made from an old window. FREE. How's that for thrifty?

Now, I just have to decide what I want to display inside. Perhaps treasures that we find on the beach. Maybe old broches that I have inheirted from Grandma's and Aunts. I could putold letters inside and make a vingette of old and loved items. What do you think? What would you put inside to showcase? You are all so creative, I would LOVE to hear your ideas!
I am also linking this up to Roadkill Rescue.


Now, onto to Tablescape Thursday, which is hosted by Susan of Between Naps on the Porch. Tablescape can also be Thrifty.












With Thanksgiving around the corner, I wanted to share this Harvest inspired Tablescape...




All of the tablescape wares can be purchased at Harmony Landing in Homewood, Alabama. Eveything from the dishes to the acorn napkin rings. Aren't they precious?
What is a tablescape without the food? I invite you to stop by my food blog, PLATES & PLACES, tomorrow for Foodie Friday! All this month I am sharing my families favorite Thanksgiving dishes from main courses to desserts.

If you live in "the Ham" (Birmingham), or anywhere in Alabama-heck even if you are passing through, Alabama Bloggers is hosting a lunch tomorrow. This from Rachel of Alabama Blogger, "November's Meet-up will be at Jason's Deli outside of Brookwood Mall at 11:30 on Friday, November 13th (You can remember Friday the 13th, right?). If 11:30 is too early, just come when you can - we usually end up staying at lunch for about 2 hours.The hashtag for this meet-up and all future Alabama Bloggers meet-ups (to make it simple) is #AlaBlogMeet."
I hope to see some of you there!  It promises to be a blast! (Helena, bloggers-Lets carpool!)

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!
Thank you, all, FRIENDS! I appreciate YOU!
THRIFTY THURSDAY PARTICIPANTS:

40 comments:

Gwen said...

Okay, that table is just too cool! I might use if for a rotating gallery of sorts. One month it would be beachy things, the next month mementos from a trip or two, then your jewelry heirlooms, etc.

Thanks for hosting and for your good cheer:)

Mari said...

I love that table! You can switch things up, for the different seasons or just whenever you want!

xinex said...

Hi Leigh! The acorn napkin rings are really cute. Beautiful tablescape!...Christine

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

The window table you are working on looks so great already....can't wait to see the finished product! I like your beach idea and the old jewelry idea. Your lucky that you can change it anytime you like really.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Leigh,
You are super thrifty! I just love that idea and the table is gorgeous too! Thanks for hostessing and sharing your talents too! Hugs, Cindy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sure do like your table setting - dinner is at what time?? :) Sorry - no contribution this week. All of my projects lately have been "paperwork" and so far no "thrifty" shopping. :( Hoping you are having a great week!!
Glenda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a lovely tablescape. I love all the pretty fall decorations. The acorns on the napkins are stunning. Everything is so pretty. Hugs, Marty

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Thanks Ladies! I am going to paint the table legs and inside white. I thought if I do shells I am going to fill with a small amount of sand on the bottom. When I tire of it, I'll vacuum it out and move onto the next filler.
Thank you for stopping by! You're all good friends to Bloggeritaville and I so appreciate you!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Leigh Bratina
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Leigh...

I'm so excited to be participating in Thrifty Thursday today, my friend...it's been awhile! Thank you so much for hosting this fun filled Thursday event so we can show & tell about out thrifty finds!

Now...about this fabulous table that you built using that awesome old window...my friend, I love it! I just love the old chippyness of it...I think that your idea of sand & shells would be so pretty...especially since the old wood already looks sea-worn! But the great thing is...you can change it out whenever the mood strikes you!!! I'd love to see it when you get it completed and in your home!

Ohhh...I love your Thanksgiving tablescape! It's gorgeous!!! Love the pretty place settings...the white dishes are really pretty! Those darling acorn napkin rings really just make the place setting! Oh and your centerpiece...the floral arrangement is stunning!!! What a fabulous table...looks like you're set to go, my friend!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Barbara Jean said...

soo tooo coool!!

Love old windows, and made into a table, even better!!

thanks for hosting

barbara jean

Anonymous said...

Once again, thank you for hosting this weekly event. I always look forward to and enjoy it! This week I submitted a totally cheap wall decor -- it's made from sticks in my back yard -- can't get much cheaper than that. Have a great party!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

The display table is awesome. I'd love to have something like that and create a fun shell display. The window idea is so neat and unique. Lovely tablescape too!

Chandy said...

Leigh, long time no visit, girl! I'm so sorry about that. Projects galore and Finals this week alone, but I thought I'd share my great TT this week over on my fam's blog, so come and see it, ok?

Click on my link on Mr. Linky! :-D

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the tablescape, really like those napkin rings, love the acorns and i also really love the way you have done the white plates layered

Blondie's Journal said...

Leigh~~~

Your table is awesome, like your imagination!! Great idea. I think it would look great with the old pics you mentioned and then some beach things...shells, starfish, fishing lures. This is what I would do anyway.

Have a great evening!!

xoxo
Jane

Dawn said...

Great thrifty transformation! I just love it! I'd fill it with lots of small fun thrifty finds along with some photos and things that are special to your family. It would be like one of those pictures where you have to find one or two items among all kinds of things.
Hugs,
Dawn

Linda said...

You guys are sooo creative. I would never have thought to make that super neat shadow box, good for you!

I can't wait to see what you show case inside!

Take care and Happy Thrifty Thursday Leigh!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh I know I could never decide on just one thing for your table. I would have to change it all the time.

The Lazy Peacock said...

that table is amazing! i can't wait to see what you decide to put in it.
love the tablescape too, especially the acorn napkin rings.

Deb said...

Love the table. You are so smart making your own furniture!

Jane said...

Leigh,
I love the table...great job!! It's given me a good idea for some windows that I kept from my mom and dad's house when they had new windows installed a couple of years ago. I don't know how good my building skills are but I might have to give this a try.
Jane

Julie said...

LOVE LOVE your "table". How creative and ingenious you are!!
You are gonna have fun with that one. I have an old window just sitting on top of my "coffee" table in the LR. It has been fun sticking different treasures under the panes.Love your post.

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Ohhh, that table is great. I can see the possibilities...can't wait to see what you do with it. Love your acorns on the tablescape.

Tricia said...

Ooh, I love that table! I need to get myself in gear and join you. I'm hoping for next week. Fingers crossed.
Have a wonderful TT, girlie.

XO*T

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

The tablesetting is gorgeous...LOVE the napkin rings! As always, thanks for hosting !

Crafty Sisters said...

Pretty table, thanks for hosting!!

Sylvia said...

Leigh..love that window table!!! I can pictured it filled with vintage lace, lots of sparkly bling and maybe a vintage picture or two...

Rebekah@Red's Nest said...

I love your centerpiece - very pretty table.

j said...

love LoVe LOVE your table! You did a great job with that Leigh.

Have fun at the meet up. Wish that I could be there. One day...

Hugs Leigh!

Nobody Puts Mama In A Corner! said...

The table is too cool! Love the look! Thanks for hosting Thrifty Thursday! What are you going to put inside??? Beautiful treasures I am sure!
Mama Holli

Sue said...

The table idea is so unique. I can't wait to see it when you have it completed. Sue

Kate said...

Leigh, I love your table! I think displaying letters and the inherited brooches would be a great idea! I like the nostalgia and sentimentality-it would be a "sweet" table. I also like the beach collection idea. Thanks again for hosting Thrifty Thursday! It has been so much fun to participate! Make sure to check out the giveaway on my post!

P.S. I am considering going to the Al bloggers meet up tomorrow, if you are really interested in carpooling.

Sharlotte said...

Great table. I love the colors ~ so warm and inviting! Thanks for sharing!

Kristin - The Goat said...

That is a great table and it looks so well made :) Great job! I like how deep you made the box - I immediately thought of putting round things in it - why round? because in that little box they wouldn't roll away LOL For Christmas time you could fill it up with round ornaments in your favorite color scheme.

Kristin - The Goat

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

I love this tablescape. I adore the way you've tied up the napkins - so pretty. The whole table looks amazing!

Unknown said...

You did a great job on the table, it was just tooo cute. Thanks so much for sharing the ideal.
Sandy

Jane said...

Hi Leigh...thanks for stopping by for a visit. Glad you liked the key project. It is super simple to do and doesn't take much time (my kind of projects). I hope to link up this Thursday....I'll have to come up with a thrifty Christmas idea!
Have a great week.
Jane

Jane said...

Hi Leigh...thanks for stopping by for a visit. Glad you liked the key project. It is super simple to do and doesn't take much time (my kind of projects). I hope to link up this Thursday....I'll have to come up with a thrifty Christmas idea!
Have a great week.
Jane

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Leigh,

I just love how your table came out. I like the knob on there too.
I would display old vintage treasures in them. Lie some pretty fabric in the bottom, not perfectly flat, but bunched up a bit, to give it some interest. Then I would lie the pieces on that. I like the idea of changing it out for the seasons too. It is so versatile in so many ways. Have fun playing around with different looks. Show us when it's finished.

Debbie

Infarrantly Creative said...

Thanks for linking up. Just think of all the roadkill you can put inside your roadkill rescue table. Uhmazing...great job...I love, love, love it.