Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thrifty Thursday #35 plus a Tablescape



Hi! I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.
*If you do not know what Thrifty Thursday is or need more info on Thrifty Thursday you can go here.*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.
*Don't forget to link back here to Bloggeritaville on your post so friends of yours can go and visit new friends that are participating in Thrifty Thursday!Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Tales from Bloggeritaville, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.
*Please do not add your link below until your Thrifty Thursday post is actually published to your blog.

Now onto Thrifty Thursday, which today is included in Tablescape Thursday. It's a double post!









Tablescape Thursday is hosted by the lovely, Susan of Between Naps on the Porch..
Since we are officially now into fall, my tablescape today includes some fallish colors-and it is thrifty! Tortoise shell glasses, rattan "look" chargers (they are actually china) and green and brown plates with brown napkins. To top it off, a centerpiece of autumn flowers (dollar store-my thrifty find!) and a Dollar tree candle, atop a thrift store stand ($3.88)!.















All of my dishes can be found and purchased AT Home.
I invite you to stop by my food blog tomorrow for Foodie Friday!
Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!
Thanks Y'all!LOVE!

The following blogs are participating in this Thrifty Thursday:



35 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for leaving some blog love. I'm off to look around your blog now. Have a good evening!

Keetha Broyles said...

And I'm READY for ya this week!!!

Creations from my heart said...

I see that you have a "follow me" on your right sidebar also. Do you know what has happened to it. Mine is also blank and I can't figure out if the site is down or what. If you have any info can you let me know. Blessings...Sherry

Creations from my heart said...

I see that you have a "follow me" on your right sidebar also. Do you know what has happened to it. Mine is also blank and I can't figure out if the site is down or what. If you have any info can you let me know. Blessings...Sherry

j said...

No need to apologize! You are always so nice.

I will have mine up in the morning.

I hope your meeting went well!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Can you post my links. It's already past midnight here.
Easy Peasy Super Thrifty Fall Craft
http://itssoverycheri.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-favorites-diy-tutorial-craft-other.html

Celebrate the Holidays
http://itssoverycheri.blogspot.com/2009/09/celebrate-holidays-you-dont-know-it-yet.html

Thanks
Cheri

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

This is our first time here...thank you for having us!!!

Jane said...

Hi Leigh...beautiful fall table!! Since my family usually eats in the family room I have a difficult time with joining Tablescape Thursday! Hope your meeting was productive....I've linked to the party. Thanks!
Jane

Tootsie said...

I am linked in and ready to rock!!! I will be back in the morning to take a peek at what you have to share today...my eyes are sore from all the computer stuff I am doing today!

{oc cottage} said...

Love your table!

m ^..^

niartist said...

Ooooo! This is great! So many great things at Dollar Tree! Thanks for sharing! Come by and check out my giveaway - I think you'll like them! :)

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Leigh!

I just love your transition into Fall table. And ya gotta love the deals!

Have a wonderful day!

xinex said...

Beautiful fall tablescape, Leigh, and what a deal on the very pretty centerpiece!...Christine

Deb said...

Love the Margarita glasses!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So pretty -- I love the way you've done your napkins in the table!

susan said...

Leigh--This is all beautifula and I was unfamiliar with the At Home line--thanks for the tip. I do love those chargers.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh Leigh ... I LOVE those dishes and that whole table "look." But -- I tried to find the items at AT Home, but only found furniture!
Is there another link?
Cass

Old Time Cindy said...

You always come up with so many different and interesting tablescapes. I have not even attempted to do a tablescape yet. I'll let everyone else inspire me for now.
Thanks for sharing!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great tablescape. It is so lovely. Don't you love the way you can put such a beautiful table with some Dollar Tree finds. Your dishes are wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Maria said...

I always love your tablescape. You have such beautiful dishes but I'm curious......How many sets of dishes do you have and where do you store them?

Thanks

Sarah said...

OK, Leigh, I want to see more! This is such a warm and inviting table. Love the tortoise glassware and the rattan look chargers. Who makes them? I'm filing away the idea of the napkins around the stemware. Very clever and eye catching. Thanks for sharing this wonderful table. ~ Sarah

Holly said...

Hey Lady,...fabulous party and wonderful tablescape!!

The first time I tried to link up it didn't work,...so you might want to remove it. (sorry)

Thanks for always hosting hursday for us!! :)

j said...

Your tablescape is so nice! Very inviting Miss Leigh.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Holly said...

Hey Lady...Fabulous party and gorgous table!!! I LOVE the fall colors!! Sorry about linking up twice, I had some "technical difficulties". :)

Thanks for always hosting Thursday for us!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely fall table! It's warm and welcoming and beckons guests to sit down and join the conversation. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Fifi Flowers said...

BEAUTIFUL table!!!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful tablescape, Leigh! I love those fall colors!

The McCrays said...

Leigh, thank you for stopping by again! I would be honored if you used by post tomorrow! Thanks a lot!!
-Michelle

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Leigh,

What a lovely table. I love your centerpiece.

Thank you for sharing!

~ Tracy

Julie said...

Your table is so pretty
xoxo
Julie

Tricia said...

Hi Leigh.

Your tablescape is so fantastic! I love all of the colors.

Thank you for hosting again this week.

XO*Tricia

Tootsie said...

I want to find some chargers that look like yours! they are so pretty and go with anything!

Barbara Jean said...

Leigh,

Thanks for taking time to come visit me.
Binoculars are pretty cool huh!

I would be delighted if you were to do a post on them and link back to me. =0)

I'm going to fix the post real fast right now though. The wording on the lens area was "Paris" Merchant Marines, not France.

It'll be fixed in a minute then have at it!!

blessing and thanks again for hosting such a fun day.

barbara jean

Blondie's Journal said...

You have some nice fall colors there, Leigh. I love the wine glasses. I am going to have a look at the link to At Home, never heard of it but love to shop online!!

It looks like you are getting quite a few partcipants in Thrifty Thursday. I bought some things at the lake last weekend and there is a funny story to go with it. I just need to remember to post! I am getting so old!! lol!!

Love the song (Feels Like Rain). So fitting for you guys...

xoxo
Janie

Blondie's Journal said...

Oops!! Not an online store!! :-(