Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Mississippi Kid Festival

A good friend of mine (Momma Joy!) sent me this information and I wanted to pass it along. It's music for a cause.....Perfect combination! If you live Mississippi or the surrounding area, I hope you can attend. It is more than worth the cost of admission.....and though I am sworn to secrecy, I can admit, there are a few surprise guest in store!

Ean Evans, bass player for Lynyrd Skynyrd, is currently battling cancer. Ean has always helped people in need and now is a time for his fans to show their appreciation for all he has done. Close friends of Ean's have gotten together and are now hosting a concert in Ean's honor.

WHERE: Columbus Fairgrounds
Hwy 69 South
Columbus, MS 39701

WHEN: April 19, 2009
Gates Open - 8:00 AM
Concert -2:00 PM - Until

WHO: Members of 38 Special, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackberry Smoke, Marshall Tucker Band

PRICES: Adults $10
10 & Under $5


-Bring Lawnchairs
-Coolers & Bags Not permitted
-Vendors will be on site for concessions and t- shirts.

Hotel Accomodations- Comfort Inn, Columbus Ms.

7 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

$10 is cheap cheap cheap. It is more than worth the price of admission.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

WOW. I wish I lived close enough to see that....and it was any other weekend but next weekend. After opening for George Jones on the 17th and doing our high school prom on the 18th....I think I will crash and burn on the 19th. There is a huge concert in Auburn next weekend...AND 280 Boogie in Waverly...what a grand weekend for music. Happy Easter! K

Rue said...

Hi Leigh :)

That's a great cause and if I lived there I would go for sure.

I'm so sorry about not joining you on Thrifty Thursday. I meant to do it and then things got a little crazy around here and I forgot. I hope you'll forgive me.

Have a beautiful Easter!
hugs,
rue

Commander Zaius said...

38 Special? If it wasn't so far away I would come just for them alone.

Keetha Broyles said...

Leigh, hurry and go here:

www.reinventedkb.com/2009/04/do-you-like-bedtime-stories-i-do.html

Scroll down until you find the picture of her BED. I'm SURE that is an old door as a headboard. Not the one I was telling you about earlier - - - ANOTHER ONE!!!!

kathy said...

OMG! I wanna go! My oldest son is playing baseball in Cullman this weekend, darn it.

MelissiaB said...

ONE GREAT REASON TO BE IN COLUMBUS,MS APRIL 19....GREAT GREAT MUSIC FOR A REALLY GREAT CAUSE....

MelissiaB.